Chapter 3

The only way for me to get to Atkins is by hoverboard. I climbed to the roof of my apartment and activated night mode on my hoverboard. I put my hood over my head and stepped on. Mike always asks me why I couldn't get rid of my hoverboard. They are just amazing pieces of technology. When I stepped on it came to life the blue lights that I got put in course through the board like a river. It hovered above the ground for a little then began to rise with the twitch of my head. When you first get your hoverboard they implant a liquidize remote control so you can control the hoverboard with your body. I heard that you can hack it to use it for whatever you want but I'm not very tech savvy. I laid down on my stomach and snapped my finger and the hoverboard began to fly. I raced to Atkins towers. Enjoying every minute about being in the air. There's only one thing I love more than flying is swimming, or I loved it. I haven't been swimming since I fell off that cliff. At least I think I fell. I don't remember that day much.

In ten minutes I was there. I landed on the roof and pulled out my phone 9:30. I'm a little early then I wanted to be. I clapped my hands to lower my board to the ground, then picked it up to turn it back into textbook size. I slipped it into my bag and walked to the edge of the roof. I can ride a hoverboard all day every day, but this makes chills go through my body. I could plummet to my death at any minute at any time. The government of my town is always talking about the new and amazing technology that they are creating. I looked down at my phone and went to look at one of the mayors old talks he gave. "Change is happening fast and quickly. We have new technology coming out of our ears and nose, so many amazing and great things are being created as I speak. Dr. Steven Andrew is with me today that I think a lot of you older ones would very much want to hear."(clapping in the background as he enters the stage) "Thank you and hello I'm Dr. Steven Andrews and as Mayor Zis has said me and my team are developing a serum to keep everyone alive forever. No one will ever have to fear to die ever again." "I can't believe anyone invested money in him who would want to live forever. Plus it would only be for the ones who were born with and gold spoon in there mouth" I sprang to my feet at the sound of his voice. He was right behind me smiling knowing he nearly gave me a heart attack."You didn't have to sneak up on me like that!" He just gave a hearty laughed and started to walk back to his board. I was furious I hate being surprised. Mike tried to throw me a surprise party and I ended up punching his dad who was waiting at the door when they surprised me. "So I'm here what do you want?" It came out ruder then I wanted to but I never been the nicest person in the world. "Look I'm going to be very blunt and everything I'm going to say is really going to confuse you. You don't know anything about yourself and your parents never ever wanted you to know. They wanted you to live a normal life, grow up become a doctor or something and save lives. Unfortunately, we are going to have to break their wishes because we really need your help." He gave me face like he wasn't sure if I was going to freak out or not. I just kind of stood there frozen in place. My head is completely blank I couldn't think, I couldn't talk, I couldn't move. "I know you have so many questions so... "He stuck out his hand to me. "Come with me"