Chapter 8

Gajeel P.O.V

I ran towards the sounds of battle, wiping the tears from my eyes. 'I swear, after all this is over, I minna clobber that giant'. I thought angrily.

I dashed into the room, having to tick and roll to avoid a flying Gray. She smashed into the wall, leaving a dent. "Ow..." she mumbled. I helped her out of the wall and ran to the others. "Wane, how's your magic?" he raised an eyebrow at me. "Levi needs you. Don't let him stop you this time." He nodded and ran from the room.

I turned back to the woman and glared. I transformed my arm into a sword and charged at her. I didn't have much magic left, but I had to do what I could. She looked battered but still strong, a mad look in her eye. She had one of the wires from the lacrima in her hand. I swung at her and she dodged, digging the wire into my back. I screamed and kicked at her. My arm changed back and her foot met my chest. I rolled across the ground, smacking into the wall.

I was out of magic and I couldn't seen to pull myself up. Then I remembered. I reached down and started plucking the metal studds off my leggings. "I knew there was a reason I wore these." I threw a handful into my mouth and ate while I picked off the rest. It was just enough.

I jumped to my feet and turned to the woman, freezing. She had her hand on the lacrima and the magic was absorbing into her body. "Pitiful fairies! Feel the wrath of Arcadia! Feel the wrath of a dragon!" her body was slowly growing and morphing. Her skin became rough and scaley, horns formed out of her head and a long tail whipped behind her. "Iron Dragons Roar!" I blasted the tunnel of metal towards the lacrima. It mearly rebounded back towards me.

I rolled out of the way cursing. We stared in horror as Arcadia morphed into a large silver dragon. Her roar erupted through the castle, making it quake. Her head brushed the roof, and with a quick flick, she busted it, sending ruble everywhere.

I looked towards Natsu and Lexia an they nodded. We dashed forward.

"Fire Dragons-"

"Lightning Dragons-"

"Iron Dragons-"

"ROAR!" The three tunnels of magic collided, making a vortex of molten electrified metal. It hit the dragon full force and it roared in anger. It spun, knocking all of us away like flies with it's tail.

"Damn it! What are we gonna do? Nothing can stop it!" Natsu cursed. Everyone was beaten and battered and low on magic. Everything was looking hopeless.

"What about a unison raid?"we turned and saw Levi leaning on Wane. He looked like hell but Wane managed to stop the bleeding.

Levi P.O.V

"What about a unison raid?" I said. I limped in beside Wane as I saw the dragon thrashing about. "No one has enough energy." Ehren said. I couldn't help but grin. "We're Fairy Tail wizards, I'm sure we've got plenty. We are just taking a break." They grinned at me and Luke laughed.

I limped away from Wane and went to Gajeel. She looked up at me an looked like she wanted to cry."Come on metal head."I held my hand out to her. She looked at it before grinning at me. "I don't need your help. But if you want to hold my hand so bad." I turned a bit pink but smiled.

She grabbed my hand and we turned to face the dragon. The air swirled around us, lifting our hair and the edges of our clothes. We raised our combined hands, I lifted her up slightly since she was so small. The magic surged through us as we shouted. "Iron Dragons Vortex!" we through out our free hands. A swirl of metal emerged out of thin air and smashed into the dragon. It roared and the force of the magic had us skidding back on our heels but we didn't let up.

The large lacrima beside the dragon began to crack. It roared in agony as the lacrima exploded. Everything went white and I felt all the energy drain out of me and all went black.

Luke P.O.V

We shielded our eyes as the lacrima exploded. A painful silence fell as the light faded. We looked up to see Levi and Gajeel collapsed on the ground as well as Arcadia in human form. Ehren made his way to the woman while we ran to our comrades.

Their hands were still intertwined and their bodies were slightly burned from the exploding lacrima. For the most part, Gajeel was unharmed. Levi however, with his previous wounds, wasn't doing well.

"I don't have any magic left." Wane said, trying not to cry. "You have already done enough Wane." I said. "Let's just get them home."