Untitled Part 3

"Yassin, your wife is sick!"

My drowsiness was completely washed out and I became whole awake suddenly.

I was surprised at what my brother told me.

I felt like may be it wasn't just a sickness but a serious illness because why would they even call me if it was just some illness?

I didn't told them that I'll go home to check on her, I didn't even think about whether to go home or not, right now, all I know is I badly need to see Hana.

Then I went home.

I arrived and went directly towards Hana's room.

It looked like they were not expecting me to come home and were surprised to see me entering Hana's room after I said my greetings.

Mom was there with my mother-in-law.

I saw Hana lying in the bed, sick but asleep.

And mom grabbed my wrist and I knew what she was gonna say so I interrupted her,

"Mom why didn't you even called me that that kid is not well?! If big bro didn't informed me, I don't even have an idea about it?!"

Mom looked at me, shocked and furious,

"Because you are a blockhead!

You were gone for 2 months and to even send a text message or call, you did nothing?!

Why did you even agreed to get married you stupid!"

I was charged guilty.

Mom was right.

But "Was marrying her my choice mom?!" I said.

I was also stubborn.

She got more furious this time, "And why did you get forced if you didn't really want to?!

You are a man and if you didn't really like her you won't agree to all of this!

Why is that I thought you are a good son!?

I am greatly disgusted in you!" She said not caring that mother-in-law was there witnessing all that in her presence and walked out.

I have acknowledged that they were right that I was at fault.

That if I really didn't want this, I wouldn't really comply to this marriage.

They were right.

***

After a few days, I can't even take care of Hana because mom was always there ready to shoo me whenever.

She said that I don't have the right to take care of her because I didn't even care in the first place. She also said, again, that I am so stupid. She was really mad.

I think Hana was sick for a long time, she looks so pale and even lost weight.

They didn't even bring her to the hospital, but she was also stubborn in the first place because she doesn't want to be hospitalized.

I had such a big ego during those times, my big of an ego even pushed me to go back to college without saying anything to mom.

Yes, I even went back to college despite the conflict.

Until the whole family hated me and was furious at me, they told me not to go home anymore because I have nothing to go home to, that I am truly a bad person, that I don't deserve anything.

That where have you seen someone who has a wife who was sick but was just eager to go away and be busy with college?

[It's heartbreaking.. said Yassin while writing this]

But I felt guilt too despite my stubbornness.

2 weeks after going back to college, my mind was filled with Hana.

Thoughts like, Is she okay now? Is she feeling well now?

I almost can't sleep from conscience. I can't focus on my studies. My guilt was already eating me up.

Then one day, I woke up early for Fajr (obligatory prayer at last part of night), I prayed to Allaah to give me whatever is better for me.

Laa Ilaaha Illa'llaah, I became so guilty. I can't take it in anymore.

I lied on my bed. Stared at the ceiling with deep thoughts.

Suddenly, my phone rang.

A text message.

I was too bored to open it so I ignored it. I got up and went for a shower.

After taking a shower, only then I decided to check my phone.

<Yassin?>

It was from an unknown number.

I was curious to know who it was so I just called directly, "Assalaamu 'Alaikum? Who is this?"

"Wa alaykumissalaam, this is Hana."

Just by hearing the voice I knew who it was already.

I asked her why did she sent a text message, and if she needs anything.

"I'm sorry if your mom is mad at you because of me. Yassin, go home so we can talk in person. I know you were forced to marry me, and it was the same with my case, so I'm saying... may be we can divorce now."

"Okay," was the only thing I was able to blurt out.