0.4

corbyn
once corbyn walked into his house after a wonderful night with daniel, he saw his mom with a worried look on her face.

"corbyn, where have you been, it's 9 o'clock for christ's sake."

"i'm so sorry momma, i was with a friend."

"baby, i'm so happy that you've made a friend. why didn't you tell me sooner?"

corbyn giggled, his mom was such a nut. "you didn't ask, silly."

"so, who is the friend? i'm dying to hear all the details."

"daniel seavey, the boy i have a crush on."

"oh corbyn, i'm so glad that you're finally growing a pair. i can't believe you talked to the kid you've been gushing over since grade 8."

"mom," corbyn groaned, "and for your information, he talked to me first."

"yeah, yeah. whatever. did you kiss him yet?" saskia was literally dying to know everything.

"maybe," corbyn smiled and blushed recalling with happened earlier.

"awe," saskia cooed, "my baby boy is in love."

"mom, you're so annoying," corbyn chuckled.

"shut up. you're my only child, and i'm an adult. i can do as i please."

"we aren't even dating yet. anyways i'm tired, i'll see you in the morning momma."

"ok dear, go rest those pretty little eyes of yours."

corbyn walked to his small room, grabbed a baggy t-shirt and lied down on his mattress.

he started silently crying, he was stupid for thinking there was any way he had a chance with daniel. even if daniel truly wasn't happy with jonah, he can do way better than poverty case corbyn.

corbyn picked up the blade he had stuffed under his pillow and started cutting his thighs, tears still streaming down his face.

one cut for getting close to daniel, another for kissing him, one for kissing him a second time, a cut for thinking they'd have a chance, and a fifth cut for everything his mother's been through.

corbyn cleaned up the cuts, and closed his eyes, slowly drifting asleep.

daniel

daniel walked up to corbyn's house and lightly knocked on the door.

half a minute later, an older woman who was about in her thirties, whom daniel assumed was corbyns mother, opened the door.

"hello, may i help you?"

"um, hi. i'm daniel. i was just wondering if corbyn was home."

"are you the daniel who kissed my sweet child today?"

daniel rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed. "uh, yes ma'am."

"the names saskia. now, come in. i'll go wake corbyn."

after walking in, daniel realized that corbyn wasn't lying. him and his momma really were low on money. but he knew that their lives were better than his. they had such a strong bond. a loving family. most importantly, they had happiness.

corbyn walked out of his room, wearing only a baggy white t-shirt. his hair was also messy which added to the hotness of his look.

"daniel, what happened?" corbyn rushed over as soon as he seen all the cuts and bruises on daniels face. like a caring mother, he started caressing and kissing the 'boo-boos'.

that's when the tears started cascading down daniels face again, right onto his beautiful shirt.

"oh dani, what happened to you?"

"m-my father." it was barely audible.

corbyn gasped, hugging him tighter. daniel groaned, considering his ribs were probably bruised too, making corbyn instantly loosen his grip.

"i'm so sorry, i didn't mean to hurt you."

"it's okay corbyn," daniel kissed his cheek

"wait, so let me get this straight. your father repeatedly hit you?"

"yes, he hit mommy too."

"i'm so sorry daniel. i wish i could've stopped him."

"there was nothing you could've done. don't blame yourself please, for me?"

"i'll try. do you want to go cuddle in my room? you must be exhausted."

"yes please."

corbyn picked daniel up bridal style and brought him to his room. it was small but it had homey vibes, which were comforting to daniel. corbyn set daniel on his bed and lay beside him. to daniel, the bed was way more comfy than his own, and he found himself instantly relaxing.

"corbyn?"

"yes, gorgeous."

"first, don't call me gorgeous right now, please. i'm not gorgeous in any way at the moment."

"jeesh, sorry," corbyn giggled and wrapped his arms around daniels waist. daniel didn't object so he left his hands there, hoping to be of some comfort to the hurt boy.

"well, for starters to what i'm about to say is that i know this is really soon but here goes nothing. technically i'm dating jonah and i know we just met but at school i'm breaking up with jonah. every time i'm with you, i feel whole. safe. happy. i'm filled with pure bliss and happiness because of you. i would die to prove to you that i love you corbyn matthew besson. so what i guess what i'm trying to get at is, will you do me the honours of being my boyfriend and make me the happiest 12th grade gay boy alive?"

corbyn didn't say anything, just looked in daniels eyes and smiled that award-winning smile. he didn't have to say anything, daniel knew it was a yes.

just for clarification though, corbyn kissed daniel.

"is that a yes?"

"of course it is, baby. wow, it feels really good to call you that."

daniel yawned and corbyn pulled him closer, until his head was in the older boys chest.

the two ended up falling asleep like that and were still cuddled together when saskia came to check on them before she went to sleep herself.