Chapter 1- An unexpected encounter

AVNI AYESHA hated being in this part of city. Only the deliveries of her homemade pastries took her there. The streets was flooded by the high class people strutting down the sidewalk like shoals of fish in a myriad of directions, all in their flashy designer clothes that could probably be worth more than she would ever make in her life. They held their head so high, Avni thought they might trip. She rode her bicycle and noticed how the walls were an unvandalized perfection, and the street was free of litter but lack identity compared to her neighbourhood where she'd lived.

       Avni tightened her grip against the handle bars of as she manoeuvred the busy street. Her grandfather had given her the bike just a few months ago and it became her means of movement, it never matter that the tires were bald and the brake pad were unevenly worn. Not until now.

       "Oh no...the brakes are gone." 

        She had entered down a slope and her speed increased. Then out of nowhere, a car blocked her way and she was heading straight for it.

       "no. no. no."

        She let down her feet off the pedals and her sneakers scrapped along the concrete to slow down her speed. But the bike kept on moving forward in the soft mud. The front wheel hit the bumper with so much force that she flung off her bike. The front tires crooked with the impact and the boxes of cupcakes flew right on the ground.

        Bouncing right to her feet, "My cupcakes, not my cakes." she whined and managed to pick up a few but it could not be saved from the dirt of the unpaved street. That was it, if she couldn't make her delivery she would lose the customer and it obvious she had lost this one. 

       A lanky man emerged from the driver's door. "Oh my God, look what you did, young lady." 

      She cast her sight to the car and gasped at the dent. That would cost a lot. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean—her words got caught in her throat when another man appeared from the passenger's side much younger and opulent than the first. 

      He wore a long ash coat that revealed the black suit underneath and a white scarf hung around his neck. He leaned to peek at the dent and the broken head light.

       "What the hell? Who did this?" the young man roared.

       The cupcakes Avni picked fell to the ground as if she had lost strength in her hands. She swallowed hard and stared right at him. He stood tall, like basketball player tall, with shoulders wide enough to block any jump shot. His thick eyebrow furrowed causing the skin on his forehead to fold.

TO BE CONTINUED

DO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE !!!