Chapter 2 - Part 2

He is finally back from Europe and can't get all the boys together so they can hang out like they used to. Moments like this, they would go to the shooting range or play basketball, he missed that. He missed his friends.

     "Yeah, I think I saw him with a girl walking around the city."

     "A girl?" Neil brows drew closer.

     "Honestly I thought my eyes were deceiving me. Remember that picture you showed me of the girl that wrecked your car, it was her. I have to say she looked pretty in real life."

     "That can't be. Ali with a girl like that....are you sure?"

     DD sat up. "Brother, I can forget my own father face but I can't forget a girl face."

     "Ali never mentioned he knew her." Neil fell back on the chair.

     His mind trailed back to when he mentioned his little car accident to his friends, Ali was particularly more interested in the girl like he knew her. Why would Ali know someone like her? But more importantly why would he be with her rather than his friends?

     "Well, I guess we are not going to the basketball court." DD stood up and strengthen out his clothes. "Want to come with me to the club?"

     Neil drummed his fingers on the table. "I don't trust that girl one bit."

     "So it's that a no? I can also invite some girls over if you don't want to go to the club and this way we can bring the club to us." DD smirked.

     "She could be gold-digger? What if the accident wasn't real? Maybe she intentionally ran into my car." After a brief silence Neil added, "Ali may be smart but he doesn't know how girls can be."

     DD arched an eyebrow. "And you do?"

     "You are the player here, you got any ideas?" he looked up to meet DD's eyes.

     "We could still go to the nightclub. With the girls around, you won't notice Ali's absence. Trust me, that's how I live without you guys."

      Nothing could annoy Neil more than DD's playfulness especially during serious conversation. "Ali. I meant any ideas about Ali."

     DD dropped his head and let out a loud sigh. He knew once Neil sank his teeth into something, he wouldn't let's go, much like a dog playing tug of war. "Why don't you prove she is a gold digger that is if you believe so?" 

     Neil nodded his head and a playful smirk broke into his face. He knew no matter how much that girl may be close to Ali, he could bet everything he owned that she don't know his friend true identity. All he have to do is give Avni a better offer, himself.

      Neil found himself in front the dinner Avni worked, he peeped through the glass window, it was lunch time, and yet it was deserted, if you don't count the two older men at the corner watching the television that hung right above them. He strode into the diner and sighted Avni behind the counter and with a whistle, he drew her attention and slide himself into a brown vinyl booth. 

     Avni reluctantly joined him at the booth and pulled out her notepad. "Welcome to food cottage, how can I be of service to you?" She said with a forced grin and when he finally averted his gaze, her smile fell lifeless, allowing her face to return to its usual cold glare she had every time she saw him.

    "This place is a dump." He sneered.

    "This is my territory I won't allow you to badmouth it so say what you came here for and go."She retorted.

     He took out a paper from his chest pocket, dropped it on the table, and tied his arms across his chest.

     She picked it up and gasped. "This is the bill for your car? Why are there so many zeros?"

      Neil threw his head back, laughed, looked up to her, and then spoke in all seriousness. "My car was made by the finest company in Japan."

     "Are you going to repair it in Japan?"

     "Sit down, I'm tired of looking up." He pulled her to sit in front of him and she swiped out her hand from his grip. "Actually I want to ask you something." He leaned closer to her. "What is your relationship with Ali?"

    She bolted up. "If that's all, please leave I'm very busy."

    He looked around the dinner again only an old man who sat in middle of the shop reading a newspaper. "With what? This place is practically empty." he got up to meet her gaze. "Don't you know who I am?"

    She snapped, "Actually. I do." After a few seconds, Avni spoke like she would burst if she didn't. "You are Neil Khanna the only heir to the Khanna industries. You studied abroad for a while but finished the remaining two years here, at Khanna high school. Right now you are controlling the affairs of your inheritance while attending parties and living in your mansion like a spoiled brat or am I missing something out?"

    Neil froze with surprise then gave a half smile. "Did you Google me? You should know what I'm trying to say." He inched closer. "You don't need to waste your time with Neil I can offer you a lot more than he can give you."

     She moved back with every step he took closer. Her foot got caught on a loose lace of her shoes, she slipped and fell back. Neil held her wrist and tugged her to himself. Like she hadno control, her body slammed into his arms. "Let's date." Neil whispered.  

TO BE CONTINUED...

PLEASE DO VOTE AND DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS!!! 😊