30 Days

Heya friends. This is the first chapter so I thought about writing it with my point of view. Just as a third person in order to form a perfect clarity of the situation. The remaining chapters shall be via first or second person's point of view. Enjoy:)

"What!" Cried Adina. "How could you do this to me? How can you send the proposal of my marriage to Prince Aarya without my consent? I don't even know him!"

"We are sorry daughter but marrying you to the Prince was the only option in order to avoid the war. His kingdom is superior in strength when is comes to military" said King Aditya.

"Father I shall not marry any stranger!" Adina was adamant.

"You need not to marry him now" declared Queen Naintara.

Both the King and the princess looked at Naintara with curiosity.

"The Prince has sent his reply to our proposal. He is not interested in marrying our daughter" explained Naintara.

Various mixed emotions swirled inside Adina's head. She was happy that she didn't need to marry a stranger but sad because she was rejected. And she knew why.

"Mother I always knew I wasn't beautiful. But for the first time I feel that my ugliness has came to my rescue. I don't know if I should feel relieved or insulted" admitted Adina.

"Right now you don't need to feel anything" said King Aditya.

"As per our trusted spies, the Prince is planning to attack our kingdom after 30 days" informed Queen Naintara

"But why is he waiting for 30 days to lapse? He could attack right away if he is so powerful?" Asked Adina.

"Apparently it's his sister Princess Sukumari's  marriage so maybe he is waiting for all the celebrations and wedding rituals to get over and then attack us" guessed the Queen.

"We have to stop him somehow. I am sorry  I couldn't help you. Now maybe we would have to face the inevitable" said Adina sadly. She could understand her parents' dilemma.

"It's okay daughter" said Naintara. "We have now 30 days to prepare our military to wage the war. It's high time we plan the war. I shall ask all the prominent ministers and Generals to gather at once so we could plan the war right now"

"There must be some other way to stop the war without bloodshed" wondered Adina.