Bonus Chapter 1 (part 1)

Heya friends!!! After a lot of demand, I am adding a bonus chapter to narrate the marriage of Adina and Aarya... and their ten year old mischievous daughter Adiya (it means God's ornament )

I hope you would love it!

Aarya's POV

I was pacing up and down. Wondering what to do about the grave situation that I have been facing. I needed Adina's help. Immediately. Just one "Yes" and things would be sorted out. But she was busy with the army training camps. And she was too strict to let me intervene her sessions.

Ever since our marriage happened, she had taken the charge of army and public affairs. She had an important role in deciding everything. From treasury management to the judiciary (she thinks I am too generous with the defaulters) as well as the taxation system.

"You called for my immediate your majesty!" She cooed.

Actually we both address each other as your majesty because it's a protocol since we both are the co rulers (My father thought that I needed someone to support me for administrating a huge empire. I doubt if he wanted her to keep a check on me)

So where was I? Yes. We treat each other equal. So in front of everyone, your majesty is a respectable word. But between us, it's an inside joke. It refers to my something something that's located between my legs. I agree it's an adult joke but Adina is bolder than me and I can't do anything about it.

"Yes. It's a matter to be addressed. Our daughter Adiya punched three boys. Again. Broke their bones. Again. Has quitted playing with her girl friends. Again. She has increasing complaints. I am tired. She is a little hurricane. Please do something." I blabbered.

Adina seemed to smile a little. "I wonder from where she has inherited such qualities." She grinned. As if pointing towards me.

And that was the most illogical thing ever. I was a nice generous and well behaved person when I was a kid. Never gave my elders any chance to complain.

I pulled Adina into my arms and kissed her hard. Why does she have to stay away from me for so many hours? My hands travelled her waist, ready to undress her.

Suddenly we both heard the voice

"She has inherited all her qualities from you." Chuckled my mother in law Queen Naintara as she entered into our chambers.

She was followed by my father in law the King Aditya. We both were taken aback by their surprise visit. Me and Adina quickly grew apart and then touched their feet.

"We dropped by to give you a surprise" Said my father in law as he gave me a hearty hug.

"Now you know how difficult it must have been for both of us to raise you Adina." Said Queen Naintara.

"Adiya needs someone to make her responsible. I wanted to suggest that you both train her. Just like you trained your daughter." I gave my viewpoint.

"Na. She needs a better guru. She is the heir of the throne of Kshitij Kingdom as well as our Harsha Kingdom. We both are getting older by time. After a few years we both are planning to retire and spend a simple life with each other." Said King Aditya while he looked lovingly at Queen Naintara. I always adored them. At this age, their love and respect for each other was clearly evident into their eyes.

"But you both trained me and I don't think Adiya could get a better teacher than you both." Said Adina.

"Yes but she needs the best. I want her to learn from my own guru. The one who imparted me all the knowledge. I have heard that he has set up his ashram (home) inside a forest that is located exactly outskirts of your kingdom. Adiya can study in the gurukul and learn to live like a normal disciplined child." Said Queen Naintara.

"I am doubtful. Firstly I want her to learn the basics and advanced techniques of war along with medicines and all the ancient texts of vedas. If she studies with the girls, she won't be able to learn the war techniques." Said Adina.

And I remembered that Adina had learnt from her mother and father. They even got her a guru who taught her with the other boys. She had grown up with the boys who were tougher and stronger than her. Definitely she would want our daughter to go through the same process of learning.

"Sorry for the interruption but there is a case that requires your immediate attention your majesty." Entered our Minister who addressed Adina. And again we both grinned towards each other. I guess "your highness" must replace "your majesty".

Adina had created a Court where the complaints of the victims would be heard as soon as they were reported. But this time the Minister seemed worried.

"This time, the complaint is against Princess Adiya." He said with his head bowed down. Adina had a reputation of being a strict and a just ruler. She won't spare the criminal even if it involved our daughter. My In laws saw the worried look of my face and they accompanied me and Adina towards the Court room.

There stood the victim, a villager. He had an axe which indicated if he was some sort of farmer or gardener. And there stood Adiya, her head hung low with guilt. And we immediately knew that Adiya had committed a crime.

Me and Adina sat on our thrones while the whole court too took their respective seats. I usually don't interfere in the court proceedings but now the matter was related to our 10 year old daughter. My in laws took their seats. The court was full with the curious villagers too.

"Your Highness, I apologise you for complaining about the future ruler. But I have full faith on your justice. I know you would impart justice to me even if matter involved your daughter." Said the villager with his hands folded.

"Don't be scared. It's my duty to provide you the justice. As a ruler, the happiness of my countrymen matters the most." Said Adina.

"Princess Adiya daily comes to my orchid to steal the mangoes. Everyday I run behind her to catch her but she slips. I never complained. But today she did something which I am ashamed to speak. My daughter, tried to stop her from stealing the mangoes and she punched my daughter. Day after tomorrow is my daughter's marriage and she is left with a huge swelling on her face." Complained the villager.

" is that true Adiya?. I am giving you an opportunity of being heard and provide your explanations." Asked Adina, with a restraint in her voice.

Adiya didn't give her reasons and just said yes.

"How many of you agree that Adiya is guilty of the crime?" Roared Adina and the whole court was silent. Including the villagers. Adina had a habit of taking the viewpoints of the ministers before pronouncing the decisions.

But no one spoke anything. Everyone looked at each other, waiting for the other to speak up. Perhaps because the matter involved a future ruler and no one would take a risk with that.

"I am really sorry. Please forgive me" Said the soft voice of Adiya. As if trying to restrain her crying.

"You accept that your are guilty?" Asked Adina as a part of the court procedure.

"Yes your highness." Adiya bower.

Adina took a deep breath. I knew that pronouncing a harsh punishment would be tough for her. Because Adiya was her own flesh and blood. But she was on the duty. Moreover it was equally humiliating for Adiya too. I mean half of the village was present. But she knew the reasons behind her mother's strictness.

"You have made the gardener run for hours. Now it's your turn. From tomorrow onwards you are going to run 80 rounds of our palace grounds. Under my supervision. And then help the gardener in his work for 2 hours daily. It would go on for a fortnight." She pronounced the ruling while Adiya just nodded.

The court proceedings continued in my presence because Adina requested me to go on without her as she needed to talk to Adiya in private. There was something that the poor girl was hiding. She would never ever harm anyone without any cause.