Bonus ch 1 (Part 2) True Women

Heya people! I hope you would get the idea about Adiya's character now with the help of this chapter! Enjoy!

Adiya's POV

I felt so humiliated in front of the court. Being punished by my own mother. But it wasn't her fault. It's her duty to act as a mentor of the kingdom, albeit a strict one.

"Adiya beta (daughter)" I heard the voice of my grandmother the Queen Naintara. Tell you what? She is my role model. Someone I would become just like her.

"Granny!" I went and hugged her. I hadn't seen her in the court. Maybe because my mind was pre occupied with the events going on.

"Now can you tell me why did you hurt that lady?"asked my grandmother lovingly after I kept my head on her lap.

"And the other boys" grinned my mother as she entered into my room. She didn't look angry. I guess she knew me well. I would never ever hurt anyone without a cause.

"You can hide things from people and not speak in the court but cannot hide anything from us. Tell us what happened." Said my mother as she held my hand.

"I love to play prank on others by climbing on the trees and plucking mangoes from their orchids. However that day his daughter tried to stop me. She said that an ugly girl like me didn't even deserve to be here in her orchid. It's my sheer luck that I am born with a silver spoon." I almost sobbed. It was one thing to be scolded for a prank and another thing to be called undeserving and ugly.

"What she Said is true." Said my granny and I looked at her bewildered.

"I am not saying that you are ugly but you are undeserving. Because you haven't done anything for your motherland. The day when you become responsible, that day you would be deserving. By the way, why did you hit the boys?" Asked my grandmother.

"Because playing with dolls with girls is boring. So I play with boys. But they called me ugly once so I hit them." I again sobbed.

"Remember one thing in your life. You are never ugly. It's people whose minds are ugly. Besides beauty isn't everything." Said my mother.

I agreed with her. Because my looks resembled with hers and granny's. But they both were successful rulers. People worshiped my granny in her kingdom and my mother was a powerful warrior too.

"You are the future heir of the two most powerful kingdoms of the world. It's not how you are supposed to behave. You are born with the silver spoon but there is a huge responsibility to prove that you deserve that silver spoon." Said my mother.

"Besides we have decided that you would go to the ashram and learn to live like a common person. You would study with the boys and learn the art of warfare, politics, law, medicine, ancient scriptures and most importantly, the hardships of living in the forests and beauty of being one with the nature would teach you the most valuable lessons of your life." Said my mother.

"Does that mean her punishment is cancelled?" Asked my grandfather as he entered through the door.

"No. She would finish her punishment and  then leave after a fortnight. You and Aditya would go to drop her to the forest." Said mother.
***********************************

"Are you sure mother you don't want to come?" I asked my mother last time.

"You know why I don't want to." Said my mother. I knew why. Because she was scared of shedding the tears. I would be away from her for a few years.

My father hugged her and told her to be strong. I sat on the chariot with my grandfather and my father and gave a goodbye to my mother and grandmother.

Her words echoed into my head

"Always remember one thing in your life. You are born to rule the world. You belong blood of heroic warriors and in future you would achieve greater heights. You are a born ruler. So worrying about your looks is futile. A huge responsibility lies on your shoulders. So before assuming the throne, I want you to learn and enjoy living the most simple and beautiful life of a student and a commoner."

When we reached the place, I was introduced to Acharayaji, my guru. I touched his feet and he told me how much I would love the learning process. I was provided a hut to live in. I would be trained with boys. They belonged from all the statuses of the society. From the son of blacksmith to the son of a King. We all were equal.

I read the letter provided by my mother. "The essence of being a true women is to discover herself everyday and feel that she is the most beautiful and special women in the planet."

I was clueless. And wondered how could I be the daughter of two greatest rulers of the world. And why I was here. Living in a mere hut. Waking up early at the dawn time and chanting mantras and cutting the branches of dried up trees to lit fire for cooking. Why was I busy with mere things that were meant for the common people? Only time would tell.