Another Way Out

Adina's POV

Anger swirled in my head when I thought about Prince Aarya. How dare he reject me? Agreed that I am plain looking. So what? I can defeat him at anything.

But it wasn't time to think about that arrogant person. I had worry about the impending war. With only 30 days left. My parents are born warriors. They have fought the toughest battle together. But Kshitij Kingdom was a different case. According to our spies, they had better military strength. Already they had been fighting and winning a dozen of battles since previous year. Now our kingdom was in their radar.

The prime reason they wanted our kingdom was because of our Kingdom's geographical advantage. You see, our kingdom is blessed with lengthy shoreline and we have developed finest  ports. Our trade policies are flawless and the stories of our prosperous exporters and industrialists have spread far and wide.  Prince Aarya wanted to exploit our ports for the advantage of his countrymen.

Another thing which came into my knowledge was that Prince Aarya's father, King Shrikant was old and ill. As per our spies,  King Shrikant was planning to hand over his throne after the marriage of his only daughter ie Princess Sukumari. I was told that Prince Aarya didn't have any other sibling except his sister. If he dies then..... His kingdom would be without a King and in midst of all chaos and confusion following his death, my Kingdom can attack his kingdom and we could easily win without much effort.

I mentally wished if I could throttle Prince Aarya. And then a bright idea came into my head. Suppose I somehow reach close to him, gain his confidence and then I kill him... then the war would be stopped. I smiled. I wasn't like my parents. I was a bad girl. My parents would never prefer my idea. I decided to carry out my mission without the knowledge of my parents.

My idea was risky. So what if I lose my life? Atleast the brutality and  bloodshed would be prevented in case I succeed. And my kingdom would be saved.

At midnight I sneaked into my parents' room and saw them sleeping into each other's arms peacefully. I always wished to have a husband who would look at me the way my father looks at my mother. Thank God I was rejected. However the word 'rejected' was a pain to my ego. But once I would kill that arrogant Prince, my ego would get a major boost.

I Looked at the peaceful faces of my parents and apologised to them silently and wordlessly. I left a note on my father's desk. The note went on like this:-

Dear Father,

We all know that our motherland is in danger . But I don't have patience to sit in a corner without doing anything about it. Why to wait to be attacked? I know you are going to be upset with me after this but I am going to do something about this. And by something, I mean I am going to enter inside the palace of Kshitij Kingdom in disguise and somehow kill the Prince Aarya. He is the only thorn in our path. And I would finish him off. I know it's risky but I don't mind to die as a martyr. I shall try to communicate with you and mother whenever I find any opportunity and I feel that it's safe. And yes, don't tell anyone about it except mother. Let this thing stay between only three of us. If anyone asks about my whereabouts, tell them that I have gone to visit my aunt Sakhibai. I have informed her about my plan and everything is covered.

If you don't hear any message from me within 20 days starting from tomorrow, pls assume that either I am caught and  or I have left the world. Please take care of yourself and mother.

Your daughter,
Adina

I then sneaked into my chambers. I wore a simple dress of a female gardener, put a veil and fake hair wig. My original hair colour is brown reddish but the wig is of long jet black coloured hair. I had plenty of experience of roaming around within my kingdom looking like a simple village women. I took a small piece of gold just in case.

I used a long rope to climb down the fort and exited the palace premises. Not before plucking a handful of mangoes from our Royal garden.

I felt a pang of guilt wash over me when I thought about my parents and hoped that they would not worry about me. Their daughter has grown up. And it's high time she does something for her motherland.

I travelled by foot. The journey would be long,the whole town was sleepy and the scene was beautiful. I decided to relish the scene of my  sleepy beautiful homeland. Who knows if I would be able to get chance to return to my Kingdom again?
*************************************

Heya people. So now our story starts. Why did Adina pluck the mangoes from her Royal Garden? What's in her mind? What is she planning? Stay tuned to find out in the next chapter