Pure Accident (Chapter 18)

Y/N's POV

The Autódromo José Carlos Pace, located in the heart of São Paulo, Brazil.

15 turns. 2 back straights and many sharp ass corners.

Its middle sector of the track houses the many sharp ass corners. It requires all drivers to keep their eyes extremely focused on the road while trying to keep that constant fast speed.

It's a mental challenge but still one of Tzuyu's favourites.

With her great overtaking skills, I'm confident that she will ace this race with no sweat.

"Another favourite, eh?" I asked Tzuyu as we cuddled inside the garage.

Tzuyu just flashed me her cute smirk and she nodded. I could see she was excited to win again.

"Do your best, baby." I said and pinched her chin. I brought her close to me and I kissed her passionately.

"Mmm.. don't make lose concentration now..." Tzuyu chuckled.

"Awwww.. you saying you no likey your boyfriend kisses?" I pouted.

Tzuyu just pinched my cheek. "Aigoo... Don't be so cute now. I love your kisses, alright?" She said with a little smile.

I slightly poked her perfect dimples and I couldn't help but smile. "Love you, baby."

"Love you too." Tzuyu giggled.

"Don't make out now alright? Get on the track, time to win Brazil!" One mechanic said as the team brought our cars which are ready to race.

Me and Tzuyu got into our cars and sped off down the track to commence the parade lap.

The other 18 cars followed behind me and Tzuyu in their respective positions they got from qualifying.

Tzuyu is the lead car as she locked in pole position during the qualifying rounds. I was in second position following behind.

We finally readied ourselves once the single parade lap was finished.

We all stayed at our respective positions grids and waited for all the media to take their photos of us at the grids.

Tzuyu looked back at me. I formed a heart with my fingers and she replied with a finger heart.

After the photoshoots were done, the media dispersed and got into a safe area.

The starting lights came alive and all of us racers got our engines revving.

Red.

Red.

Yellow.

Green!!

The immediate engine heat consumed me whole as I pushed hard on the throttle.

Sweat trickled down my body instantly but I didn't care. Me and Tzuyu need to win this race for Mercedes.

Once we do, we will get Mercedes up into the 1st place on the constructor's league.

Brazil will be for Mercedes. No one is gonna take that away from us.

The perfect shifts gave me a small advantage and I overtook Tzuyu at the sharp corners.

I took one of my hands off of the steering and flashed a finger heart at her.

At a few corners, we were neck-to-neck with each other. This is what we most love, racing beside each other.

Call me crazy, but this is my definition of romantic.

-------------------

Many laps then flew by after awhile, I just finished my first scheduled pit stop.

I continued to race once again with another 32 laps remaining.

Everything was going as planned for us. I was still maintaining my 1st position while Tzuyu held her 2nd.

"Keep the pace going. We are doing amazingly." My manager said through the intercom.

I held my word and kept the rough pace going. I rounded all the sharp corners with much perfection at high speeds.

Suddenly, I heard a loud crash from behind me. I looked at my wing mirrors and saw Tzuyu's car has collided with a Force India F1 car.

The Force India car has been shredded to pieces and Tzuyu's car crashed into the wall at high speeds.

"Oh noooooo..." I muttered but still continued on with the race.

A few minutes passed, I completed another lap and I took a look at the accident site as I zipped passed.

I heaved a huge and heavy sigh of relief as I saw Tzuyu was completely okay.

However, I saw an ambulance crew at the crash site. There was a stretcher and a doctor at the scene.

I wonder what they are up too...

------------------

Many laps flew by once again, I was on my final lap.

I zoomed past the finish line at a high velocity and the crowd cheered loudly for me.

"For us, Mercedes!!" I yelled out as I zoomed on to do the one extra lap to the pits.

Once I reached, I hopped out of my car and saw Tzuyu sitting on the chair looking so.. sad?

Her eyes were all red and puffy. I was extremely concerned. I then decided to sit down beside her.

"Tzuyu... Why your eyes are like that..? It's all red..." I muttered as I looked at her with pure concern.

"It's my fault... I k-killed.. Sergio P-perez..." Tzuyu sniffled and started crying once again.

My eyes slightly widened.

So that was Sergio Perez in the accident.. and Tzuyu killed him..??

"W-wait babe... It was a pure accident wasn't it?? It's not your fault!!" I exclaimed, trying to defend her.

"IT WAS!! T-the brakes weren't responsive!! I-I could have t-turned to a-avoid him.. but I was too f-focused on winning... It's my fault.. MY FAULT!!!" Tzuyu yelled out in pure regret and started crying even harder.

I felt my eyes fill with water as I pulled her close to me. I slowly caressed her shoulder in efforts to make her calm down.

It was so heartbreaking to see Tzuyu like this...

Few minutes later, the oversear walked towards us. Tzuyu gulped and I felt her hands shaking as I was holding on to them.

"Tzuyu... I have reviewed the footage of the crash... Were the brakes defective at that moment?" He asked.

Tzuyu nodded lightly. I could feel her being extremely scared as she kept shaking in shock.

"It was a pure accident. Everyone was so focused to win... Even though, Sergio is.. gone... It was a pure accident, alright? Now you two, take your helmets and come join the tribute circle with the other drivers." He said.

We both nodded and took out helmets out of the garage.

Outside of the garages, where all the other F1 drivers were with their own team's helmets in their hands.

One of them then placed his helmet down on to the floor and we all followed, placing the helmets down near his.

We then all gathered around in a circle with our hands locked together.

We kept silent, so did all the fans and crew members.

What could be heard now was just the many cameras snapping away at us while we honoured Sergio Perez in our hearts.

It was really.. one sad day...