Chapter 3: So Much For Short And Simple.

We were all sitting around the living room asking random questions so I could get to know the boys better. I was actually having quite a lot of fun.

                “Where are you from?” Lou asked me. My mind went back to my wonderful childhood memories: Pulling harmless pranks on teachers, Bike Riding, Picnics, Lemon aid stands with Rosie…

                “Here.” I said, still looking back on my memories. “What about you?” I asked

                “Ahhhh.  A London girl! I like it!” Lou said excitedly. I don’t know what was so special about me being from London, but whatever. “I’m from Doncaster!” He exclaimed in a sing-song voice.

                “Holmes Chapel.” Harry said from his seat on the floor next to me. I looked to Zayn

                “Bradford.” He said turning to Liam.

                “Wolverhampton.” He said looking to Niall.

                “MULLINGAR, IRELAND!” He shouted, fist pumping the air like an over- excited 5 year old. Okay then.  “Can I ask you something serious?” Niall asked quietly, looking at the soft, white carpet.

“Anything.” I said, not sure about what I was getting myself into. Niall’s ice blue eyes looked into mine with sincerity.

                “When your Dad was –“ I cut him off.

                “Leagal Guardian.” I corrected him. Niall nodded.

                “When you Leagal Guardian” Niall started, enunciating the corrected words “Was…um,” He paused, searching his brain for the right words. “Hurting you, where was your Mum?” Niall asked softly.  It was my turn now to look for the right words. I haven’t known these boys for that long, I trusted them and all, I just didn’t want to put the burden of my problems on all these boys. They were so sweet and understanding. I decided to keep it short and simple.

                “She left us after a… incident along with my sister. I haven’t seen either of them for 6 years. Not having my Mum around when I was 12 was hard. She’s wasn’t there to deal with my first crush, or my first date, my first boyfriend…Prom.” I said softly, trying to keep the tears in my eyes. So much for short and simple. Harry scooted closer to me on the floor and wrapped his strong arms around my shoulders. I closed my eyes and leaned into Harry’s chest. Suddenly, I felt another pair of arms go around me.

                “I’ll be okay, Dani.” Niall cooed in my ear. I smiled at the nickname. I was never called JUST Dani anymore. It was always Dani-Rose, or ‘Bitch’ according to my Bastard of a Father. Then another pair of arms wrapped around me. Then another.

                “Group Hug!” Louis screamed as he threw his arms around me making me giggle. God, these boys made me happy. If they weren’t there, I probably wouldn’t be here anymore. I’d be a cold, lifeless, beaten body lying on the cement outside of my house. I shook my head- refusing to think of that. I wiped the tears from my eyes and pushed the boys away lightly. I racked my brain for a way to change the topic from me.

                “Okay. I’m still confused. Why did you guys act all shocked when I said that I didn’t know who you were?” I asked, curiosity written all over my face. The boys looked at each other before Liam nodded curtly.

                “We’re One Direction.” They all chorused. That means nothing to me. What the Hell is One Direction?

                ‘We’re an internationally famous boy band.” Niall summed up. Ahhhh. That explains it. I was never allowed a cell phone. I couldn’t even have an iPod. My Dad didn’t like me listening to music after Mum.