Storms Brewing

The bright, warm sun's rays filtered in through the opening of the large trunk of the tree hiding two small mechs inside. The rainforest was alive with noise outside, from the sound of trees swaying in the slight breeze to the short chirps of colorful birds flittering across the jungle.

The sunlight shone and reflected of a normally shiny mech's finish as it seeped in through the hole, making the robot squirm in discomfort.

​Knockout slowly opened his optics and squinted against the bright light, raising a servo to shade it from his view.

Ugh... Knockout thought, why is everything so bright here? He supposed he wasn't used to it, considering that the Nemesis was always so dark all the time.

Oh well, Decepticons must be dark and mysterious, should they not?

​Knockout moved to sit up and widened his optics when he realized something was on top of him. The medic quickly glanced down and saw Starscream curled up under Knockout's one arm, which was tucked protectively around him.

The silver seeker's claws rested on Knockout's chest plate, his helm lying against his shoulder plating, and his wings folded down over Knockout's arm. His small chest plate gently rose and fell with soft breaths in his sleep, his expression peaceful and exhausted.

​Knockout couldn't help but smile at the sweet sight. Starscream always looked so cute when he was asleep, like an innocent little sparkling rather than the mischievous traitor he truly was.

Knockout gently rubbed his servo on the seeker's wings, being careful to avoid the extremely sensitive wiring located in various places. Starscream smiled in his sleep at the nice feeling and fluttered his wings in content.
​Knockout laughed quietly at the seeker's grateful little gesture.

Though, he knew he had to wake Starscream up before any danger decided to come in their direction.

The red mech hesitantly placed his other servo on Starscream's shoulder plating, giving the skinny mech a rousing shake.

​"Psst, Starscream, wake up. It's morning, now. We have to get a move on."

Starscream squirmed under Knockout's touch and raised his helm slightly, still leaning against the red mech's frame. The seeker slowly opened his large optics and blinked a few times before settling his gaze on Knockout, who was looking back at him with a calm smile.

"Knockout?" Starscream whispered hoarsely.

"Yes, Scream, I'm here." Knockout whispered back as Starscream tried to regain his bearings.

The seeker sat up a little more in Knockout's hold and widened his optics as he realized where he was, his optics darting nervously around the trunk of the tree encompassed around them.

"K-Knockout, wh-why are we in here? I-It's so small, a-and cramped."
Starscream lowered his wings right up against his back and gripped Knockout's chest plate tighter.

Knockout felt his spark drop.

How could he have forgotten? Seeker's had extremely sensitive systems and powerful senses. Keeping them in an enclosed space for long periods of time went against their programming, which, ultimately, was to fly. It caused the bots to become jumpy and scared in the situations.

Seeker claustrophobia.

Knockout raised a servo to Starscream's helm and placed it on the back of the seeker's helmet, pulling it closer. He slipped his other arm under Starscream's knees and slowly began to get to his peds. Starscream squeaked in surprise as his body was lifted from the ground, and he clung to Knockout's chest as the red mech crawled out of their makeshift shelter into the early morning sunrise.