1. Lie to me

Yes, working on set with Tom Hiddleston was great. What Y/N hadn't planned was she would fall in love with him. Being friends with Tom was something she appreciated. They'd shared so many experiences on set and the bond between them was strong.

However, as soon as Thor Ragnarok filming ended, Y/N and Tom had to say goodbye.

God, it was hard.

Tom went back to London and she got another job in New York. Y/N thought it was life, that she couldn't help it. He was a celebrity and she was nothing else than his friend.

It broke her heart forever. Well, for a week actually.

Y/N knew Tom had accepted to appear on a TV show after the shooting. It wasn't her thing, but it would allow her to see his face again.

And here he was, her gigantic dork, still magnificent, all kind and polite. Y/N sighed, fidgeting with her phone, not really listening, until a few words caught her attention,

"Well, now Tom, there is a little surprise for you tonight. We have a special guest who previously worked for the army."

Another woman appeared on screen and Y/N frowned, turning up the volume.

"Tom, would you accept to pass a test ? It won't hurt." the presenter assured.

The woman started circling him with wires and what looked like medical stuffs.

"This is a lie detector test..."

Y/N chuckled. Unlike his character, Loki, Tom had never been a very good liar. This would be fun.

Tom and the detector appeared on separate screens. On the second one, needles traced his blood pressure, pulse and respiration on a paper.

"So, Tom, this is a polygraph. We're going to ask you some questions. Deceptive answers will produce physiological responses that will be differentiated from those associated with non-deceptive answers. In other words, we'll know when you're lying."

They started with a pre-test interview to establish his normal reactions. Tom was a bit nervous, rather amused.

"Is your name Tom Hiddleston ?"

"Yes."

"Do you live in London ?"

"Yes."

"Are you nervous ?"

"Yes."

"Why ?"

"This is extremely disturbing." Tom chuckled.

"Here we go. This is the actual test. Do you want to get married someday ?"

"Yes."

"Have you ever been in love ?"

"Yes."

"Do you think everyone has a soulmate ?"

"No."

There was a silence and a smile curved his lips,

"The purpose of this interview is now clear..." Tom mumbled, causing the presenter to giggle.

"Are you in a relationship with this girl ?"

The woman pushed a picture of a famous actress in front of Tom.

"No."

"Are you sure about that ?"

"Yes."

The needles of the detector were still tracing a linear pattern on the paper.

"Is there someone out there who doesn't know you have a crush on them ?"

Tom bit down onto his bottom lip,

"No."

The needle slowly rose to draw a line higher than the others and Y/N's heart sunk into her chest. Tom was a seductive man, he certainly had a crush on another celebrity. He took a glance at the paper, pressing his lips together tightly. Joining his hands, he leaned into his seat,

"I'm getting incredibly nervous, but everything I'm saying is true." he smiled.

"Do you have a phobia ?"

"Yes."

The lines went back to a normal pattern.

"Does this picture scare you ?"

The woman handed him a photography of a clown, causing Tom to chuckle.

"No."

"Do you have a girlfriend ?"

"No."

There was a silence until the woman placed another picture in front of Tom,

"Are you dating this woman ?"

Tom cleared his throat, observing the photography,

"Oh well, this is  Y/N. No, I'm not dating her." he chuckled uncomfortably.

Hearing her name, Y/N listened more carefully, her heart pounding in her chest.

"Do you like her ?"

"Yes."

"Would you like to date her ?"

Tom did his best to not show any emotion, but Y/N knew him. She could see his eyes slightly widening as he adopted his usual poker face.

"Not answering to this one." he slightly smiled, shooting a gaze at his agent who was hiding behind the cameras, a grin across his face.

"Do you love her ?"

Y/N's heart started racing in her chest. Were they even allowed to ask this type of questions ?

Tom shook his head, pinching the bridge of his nose as he laughed. It took him a moment to recollect himself. He looked back at the TV presenter, inhaling deeply before he held his breath, delivering a high pitched "No ?".

The needle instantly went up on the paper and Tom gasped, burying his face in his hands,

"My goodness, that was unfair. I hope she's not watching this." he blushed, leaving Y/N breathless.

Oh yes, she was watching this.