3. Morning

While Tom was gone for the evening, Y/N managed something with the couch in the living room, turning it into a small, but comfortable area.

On the first night, she was terribly nervous and kept pacing in the kitchen, watching the clock ticking as she waited for him to come back. Her stomach was a ball of knots and she had barely eaten. After an eternity, she figured he wouldn't come and eventually turned on the TV, sprawling on the couch.

Within seconds, Y/N drifted off into sleep.

In her dreams, she swiftly distinguished Tom's shape. At first, she saw his eyes, then she felt his body pressed hard against hers, his strong chest as he towered over her. Her breath itched at the sensation and she snuggled into his arms. It felt so real that even Tom's scent invaded her lungs. Through her strange dreams, Y/N muttered a few words in a sleepy voice.

When she woke up, the young woman was covered in sweat, heart pounding like never before. Lying in her bed, it didn't take her long to remember she'd fallen asleep on the couch the night before. Tom had certainly carried her here. The idea wasn't unpleasant, but still pretty embarrassing.

It felt even more embarrassing when she realized her clothes were carefully folded on a chair next to her bed. Flushing at once, her jaw dropped. With the luck she had, she'd probably called his name while he'd carried her to her bedroom.

Damn you, stupid  Y/N.

As she blamed herself for her lack of discretion, Y/N walked downstairs, giving a swift glance at the couch. Tom wasn't here. A sigh of relief escaped her mouth and she kept walking, her muscles relaxing as she grabbed some bread into the closet.

"Good morning."

She heard Tom absentmindedly mumbling. Startled by the sound of his voice, the young woman almost dropped her food.

Holy shit.

Y/N looked up as she closed the closet's door and saw him sitting near the large room window, shirtless and focusing on the screen of his computer. Hair still damp from his shower, Tom's typical bright blue eyes settled on her, sending shivers right down her spine.

She realized she hadn't responded and awkwardly waved her hand at him,

"Hello."

It's only for a little while, she tried to reassure herself.

Silence fell over the room and Y/N took a bite of her toast, leaning against the counter as she averted her gaze to the newspaper that rested on the hard wood. Tom shot her swift glances and his eyebrows furrowed,

"Do you always stand up while eating your breakfast ?"

Y/N shrugged. Actually, she didn't want to come closer to him and feel her guts clench unbearably while she tried to chew her toast. Tom looked back at his screen, his frown not leaving his forehead.

" Y/N, it's weird."

"Weird ?" Y/N chuckled, "I'm the one who's weird ?"

"Who's eating while standing up ?"

Y/N's blood started to boil slowly. In spite of his good manners, Tom had a temper, and he knew exactly how to make her insane.

"Am I supposed to sit down with you while I have my breakfast just so you can work in peace ?"

Raising his head from his computer, a teasing smile crossed Tom's lips,

"Precisely. Come over here."

Rolling her eyes, Y/N kept staring at him as Tom alternatively glanced at her, then at his computer. After a moment, realization took hold and he rolled his eyes,

Lie to meजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें