First Meeting

"I'm not sure of this, Will..."

Will Solace rolled his eyes at the repeated phrase coming out of his boyfriend's mouth. He was convinced that all Nico di Angelo could think at the moment was that he wasn't sure about this.

"Cut it out, Broken Record..." Will smirked at the obvious scowl in Nico's face. Even driving and looking up front, he could sense Nico was glaring at him from the passenger's seat. "We talked about this the whole week... We are ready for this..."

"Sounds an impossible task..." He heard him mumble and that made me smile, somehow. "But, seriously, why Washington?"

"Wanna move back to New York? Just say the word..." He used the same argument he had been using the entire week. Nico didn't look convinced, but didn't have a better plan. "All you have to do is to look at a child and feel some sort of connection- and not a creepy connection."

"Yeah, yeah, I get it..." Nico groaned while Will parked the car. They stood outside, looking the front of the building. It looked kind of neglected for an orphanage. Sanctuary Orphanage, it was the name handing from high, but Will feared it looked like a sanctuary for any kid. Nico was actually thinking the Underworld looked cozier than this.

Bravely, Nico rang the bell.

Ding, dong!

One could hear the rushing of feet inside the house. Both Will and Nico came to the conclusion- separately -that the house must be façade and kids were unknowingly helping to it. Soon, the door opened and the most ancient and thin woman of the universe showed up. Nico's first thought was that a Kind One had escaped the Underworld and was posing as a orphanage director.

"Welcome, Mr- Oh!" The woman interrupted herself. Neither tried to roll their eyes at this behavior, people as progressive as they were weren't used to the idea that same-sex couples existed and wanted a family of their own. In Nico's case, it was harder than that, he was trying not to scowl at her.

"It's Mr. Di Angelo." Nico started to look around, after introducing himself.

"And, Mr. Solace." Will put his hand out to shake, trying to be nice. However, the woman didn't shake it "I was the one you talked in the phone with." He was helpful, pulling his hand away.

"Oh! I-I remember now... Please, come in..." What a fake warm welcome, Nico thought, walking inside the house. "If you gentlemen will follow me, I'll fill you in in my office." Both Nico and Will followed her, Nico looking around the place. Most of the kids were trying to smile and show off, but Nico's eyes caught a girl reading away from the commotion. He couldn't even ask about her, as the woman started to talk. "So, gentlemen, I'm Ms. Grutiner and I'm in charge of this place. In order to help you I must know what are you preferences?"

"Healthy, if possible." Will began the ball rolling. Nico saw the woman frowning. "We have decided on a girl, but we don't want a baby as we are not nowhere near ready for that responsibility." The woman wrote everything they were telling her and pulled a couple of files from her drawers.

"These are all the files- oops, sorry. You won't be interested in this one." She apologized, taking one file from the pile. Nico, however, stopped her.

"What's so bad about this one?" Had Ms. Grutiner been paying attention, she would had recognized the danger in Nico's voice.

"Oh, a troublemaker, I'm afraid!" She started with disdain. "I've tried so hard to get her a family, but no family had kept it after the trial weeks and her reputation around the orphanage is not something you young gentlemen need for your first child-"

"We will decide what is what we need." Will smiled at her, but the smile was forced, as if he was disgusted with the woman. Unlikily for her, Ms. Grutiner failed to grasp that concept. "Now, can we meet the young lady?" She frowned, but could not deny them that.

"She should be reading in the living room." She announced, inviting them out. Nico was the quickest and found her, but nudged Will the second she was in troubles. They could not hear what the girls were saying to her, but it was upsetting the young girl. All of the sudden, the girl bursted into tears and rushed out of the house. Fortunately, Ms. Grutiner reacted quicker this time. "Girls!" The girls turned around, surprised. "What did you do to poor Anastassia?"

"Nothing, Ms. Grutiner." A blonde one replied. Liar, Will thought. "We asked her our things back and she just run away-"

"Do you teach your kids to lie, Ms. Grutiner?" Will interrupted the child, who was blushing at being busted. "We will wait for Anastassia to return and we'll talk to her without you present." Nico nodded in agreement to Will, serious.

And so, they did.

"There you are!! Where were you, young lady?! I was really worried!!" Nico heard Ms. Grutiner attacked the young girl with questions, in a fake 'motherly' act.

"Ms. Grutiner, please" He dismissed her, though she didn't look happy about it before rounding the kids and leaving them be.

"You must be Anastassia... I'm Will and he's Nico. He's my, um... What exactly are you?" Will started, trying to break the ice. Nico simply shrugged.

"I can think of several titles, none which should be heard by her, but..." Nico decided to tease him, turning a bit pink "I think the word you're looking for is 'boyfriend'"

"Yeah, not quiet sure that title is at your level." Will, fired at him, before turning to the silent girl "Anyway, we wanted to know if you were willing to live with us?" Both saw her mouth hung open, shocked.

"M-me?!" She blurted out. Both men nodded their heads. "Bu-but-"

"Don't sweat it, we heard every single mad comment about you and your family." Nico warned her and she hung her head in shame. "We don't care about them, by the way." He added, carefree.

"I don't wanna be adopted." She whispered, softly.

"And, why is that?" Will questioned her.

"I don't wanna forget my family." She confessed. "People who take me want me to forget my family." She broke down, crying again, holding her locket tight in her hand.

"We don't want that." Nico pulled her into his arms and chest. "I... I also lost my family, but I think it's my time to have a new one..."

"But, if I replace them, I'll forget them!" She kept sobbing in his chest.

"We'll make sure that never happens, OK?" Will promised, rubbing her back gently. Both saw the glance she gave them and all nodded.

A new start for everyone.

----

Hello, guys!

Today is the day! I will post my new story and I'm wondering if you will like it just like you liked the rest of them! If you follow my profile, you'll get a notification (which means that you have to check your inboxes *whispers*). If not, do not worry, as I will give you the name of it!

I want to add that I want to dedicate this story to the beautiful iamlillyherondale , who in few days will be ending school! This story started as your birthday present, so I hope you like it! Also, to everyone who likes Solangelo (like Anushri Bhende, who loves them *wink wink*).

ANYWAY! Here we go!

Sis/Bro! Your Shadow is Hot!: 1 chapter!

The First Times: 1 chapter!

Quest: Matchmade (former collab with ReeReeWithAngst): 1 chapter!

I'll see you guys around and I hope you like my new story!

xoxo, SilverHuntresses