Chapter 1: I'm Claude, Heiress of Scotland

Someone knocked in the door, as much as I don't want to answer, I have to.

"Leave right now!" I shouted angrily.

"Claude Leigh Williams, Get up right now, or should I find a man to wed to you now?" Said the one and only Emilia Beaumont, The queen a.k.a my very strict Mother.

Oh My God, I'm seriously dead, I thought.

"You can let the maids in now Mother." I replied in shock.

"I'm the one to go in, I'll prepare you, Your Father is going home from war today." She said delightly.

What? Father is coming back? Then there's gonna be a feast again with many kings from various kingdoms. Not that I didn't want my father to be home. I'm just tired of their looks, specially when it comes to their sons.

They brag almost everytime they have the chance to see me. I'm not deaf, I hear them everytime they pair their so called "heirs" to me.

"So mother tell me, is there a feast going to happen again?" I asked as if I have no clue.

"Don't act like you don't know the answer, Claude. You'll also meet good looking men." Mother said happily.

"Oh, as my suitor again?" I said acting bored.

"No." Mother said.

I felt happiness. The last thing I want is to be tied up in a royal relationship.

" As your husband." She gracefully said.

I was shocked as hell. Every feast they introduce me to a gentleman to be my suitor but now they'll introduce me to my future husband? But instead I tried to divert the topic.

"How about Nic? He's also at the right age to wed." Oh, Nic is my brother, Nicholas Ethan Willams, the prince.

"We'll find him a good girl from a powerful and rich family soon, but you are the heiress so you're the priority." Mother replied.

I'll be more happy if I wasn't. I hate the talks about good suitors for me to wed, I want to enjoy and live my life while I still can. Being an heiress means not doing anything but managing the kingdom once you're tied up to the throne.

Oh well, do I look like I have a choice? I was born with royal blood, so was I born with all the duties and responsibilities I have to fulfill. Maybe not now, but I know the time will come.

"Claude! hurry now. The guests are already arriving." said Mother.

"Yeah, let me just get my necklace.." I had this necklace that a stranger boy once gave to me, I still remember his promise vividly.

"So, you're still wearing that, where did you even get that again?" Asked Mother.

"Mother, I told you. Margaux gave it to me." Yeah, I don't tell my mother about it. No, I don't tell anyone except Margaux. You see, life as a princess and heiress to the throne is pretty isolating. Everyone looks up to you and respect you but it gets hard sometimes. And I knew that she would make me throw it or else she'll get it if she knew that it was from a boy I don't know.

"Okay, let's head down now, remember chin up. Straight body, gotta keep your possible husbands impressed." Mother said gracefully as if she were the one to get married.

"Ugh" I snorted as I really hate doing feasts because of these, damn it.

We were going down when a big blag was heard in the main hall of the palace.