Chapter 3: Here in France

I was stunned. I didn't want to get out for the fear that I am not yet ready but my mother's words came back to me .

"You must use this alliance to save your throne and yourself."

I breathe in and stepped my foot outside the carriage. I heard music, there are many people waiting. Then as I stepped outside I heard my introduction to the crowd. French crowd.

"Princess Claude, Heiress of Scotland."

Margaux got out too.

Two people with crowns arrived in the middle, I guess they are the king and queen of France.

"I know what you're thinking, the woman isn't the queen" Margaux said diverting my attention to her.

I crossed my eyebrows at her.

"Greer Lemarchal, the King's mistress. On her 35th birthday, the king granted her a crown. That's why she's wearing one. She said as if she read my mind.

Then a woman arrived with a crown also, passing the king and his mistress, Greer.

"Catherine Leurie and Henry Valois, King and Queen of France."

So she's the real queen, I bowed to show my respect.

Then a boy came. A man rather, is he Francis?

"Is he Francis? He's charming, jackpot there cous." Elena said.

Wait what, Elena? I gasped my mouth, Elena is here

"What are you doing here?" I whispered to her.

"Don't you want me here cous?

Elena is the fifth daughter of Kenna and Liam Hemsingworth, Duke and duchess of Hembridge. Duchess Kenna is my father's sister. So that makes her my cousin.

"He's not Francis, he's Sebastian, the bastard of the king, Greer's son." Margaux told us.

Then there was a man coming in the side. Going to my direction. Smiling widely at me.

"Your grace." He bowed.

I bowed in response, smiling.

"I'm Francis."

I knew he was Francis, he looked familiar at some ways I can't tell.

"Claude." He kissed my hand then guided me in.

↑ was kinda like this, just for you to imagine ↑

"Come on, I know you saw something, what is it?" Catherine said.

"I'm not sure you'll like it, Your highness" Nostradamus said, Catherine's soothsayer.

"Speak."

"Claude, heiress of Scotland will cause your firstborn's death."

Catherine was shocked. Nostradamus' skills is an inarguable feat.

Claude

"Okay ladies, this will be your princess' room." A headmistress said to Elena and Margaux

"You will assist her, tend to her and guide her from now on. Take good care of your princess." She said then left.

"I think she doesn't know that I'm the daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Hembridge". Elena said after the headmistress left

"She clearly doesn't know, here we're gonna be Claude's ladies-in-waiting." Margaux said

"Ladies in waiting?" I asked.

"That means we'll be the ones to assist you. You would be higher than us from now on." Margaux answered. She seems to know almost everything.

"That is much unseemly, Miss?" Elena said, looking at Margaux

"Oh, I haven't introduced you two yet." I said

"Clearly." Margaux replied

"Elena, I present you Lady Margaux, the sister of the Duchess of Harbor . Margaux, I present you Lady Elena, the daughter of-

"The Duke and Duchess of Hembridge, she said that earlier." Margaux seemed uncanny

This is gonna be a lot tougher than I thought.

"Princess? Are you here?" It seems like its the headmistress again.

"Come in." I said.

"Ladies, prepare your princess, there will be a ball tonight. A wedding ball, Princess Elisa will wed Spain's King." She said with finality then went out.

"A wedding ball huh? It's gonna be fun." Elena said grinning.

"What are you planning?" Margaux said.

"Relax, there's gonna be boys there. Men! After a long ride we finally get to enjoy ourselves ladies!" She's elated alright.

Elena is really a wild one, that's why Aunt and Uncle is really glad that she came out the fifth. Hembridge would be at chaos if sat on a throne a wild leader like her.

"I hope you don't cause trouble Lady Elena." Margaux said 'lady' with a sarcastic voice

While Margaux is reall a goody good shoes. She's even more fit of a heiress than me, that's why I like her very much, she knows what is seemly and not unseemly.

"Let's just prepare, shall we?" Margaux said with finality then picked out a gown

They assisted me then helped theirselves with a gown, accessories and shoes

"Let's head down ladies." I said anticipating some fun experience here in French court.