CHAPTER 1: Yoo Kihyun

I walk into the coffee shop, and I order my usual.

"Your usual Ms?"

"Yes please. Thank you." I say as I hand the cashier my credit card.

After a few minutes, I grab my coffee and suddenly, I accidentally bump into a man, he makes me spill coffee all over myself.

"Could you be any more of a dick?" I snap while wiping myself with a small thin tissue.

"My apologies, I didn't mean to spill your coffee." He replies while helping me wipe my coat.

"I bet you didn't mean to spill it all over me either." I moan. "You know what? Forget it, I'm tired and I'm stressed and I took it out on you, I'm sorry."

"Don't be. How about I make it up to you? What's your name?"

"Y/N, pleasure to meet you." I answer back. This guy was hot, I figured. He got me biting my tongue.

"I'm Yoo Kihyun, but you can just call me by my first. Why don't we grab lunch together?" He asks.

I'm blushing, I'm falling for a douche who spilled coffee on me, I'm totally a mess, but I agreed to his kind offer

"Fine, only if you're paying." I chuckle.

We walk out together and head to this restaurant.

We got to know each other well. We have similar interests, and to top that off he was cute, hot and super kind.

"I've got somewhere to be, but why don't we meet up again some other time?" I say ending our mini gala.

"Sure, here's my number." Kihyun hands me a piece of paper.

I walk out of the restaurant. I stop outside to call my best friend, Changkyun.

Changkyun has always had a crush on me since grade 1, but we've been best friends for forever, it didn't feel right to be with him

"Changkyun!!! I just went on a gala with this guy named Kihyun! He's super hot and cute." I exclaim.

"That's great! What happened?" Changkyun asks.

"I'll explain it all when we see each other. Meet me at the Palace in 5 minutes." I end the call and head straight to my penthouse.

As I get to the lobby, I see him waiting for me.

"Shall we?" Changkyun says as he offers a hand.

We walk into the elevator together and straight to the very top floor, 18.

I place my bags on the table and sit on my couch, him to the left of me.

"So, what happened? How did you meet? Tell me everything!" Changkyun asks excited to hear the good news.

I tell him all the details, and everything I noticed about him.

"Wow, you really do believe in first love at sight, do you?" Changkyun sarcastically says.

"Oh shut up Changkyun. As if you didn't want to kiss me at prom years ago." I say with a sassy look in my face.

Changkyun paused, I still remember everything.

On the day of the prom, I went on a date with someone else. That date ditched me, and I was all alone. Changkyun offered that we should dance as friends, and I accepted that.

He pulled me closer and he dived in for a kiss he had longed to do. I kissed back, but ever since that night, we were nothing but friends.

I wanted to keep him closer than ever, so I did but I just couldn't be his lover.

"You're right." Changkyun blushes

"As always." I brag.

After our conversation about Kihyun, we play video games.

After a few hours, he ends up crashing at my place for the night, he's so drunk I couldn't let him drive to his place.

And soon after, we slept on each others shoulders, as the night faded by.