CHAPTER 4: Caution

[the following morning]

I awaken by the morning sunshine as the bright, yellow star rises.

I hear a doorbell. It's 11am.

Changkyun wakes up due to the ring. I open the door.

I pause.

"Oh, Kihyun." I stutter.

Changkyun stands up in anger. "What are you doing here, Kihyun?"

"Who's this?" Kihyun asks.

"Uh, just my best friend, Changkyun." I reply.

"Was he here all night?" Kihyun questions in disappointment.

"Yeah, I was here for her because she was crying. Oh wait, she was crying because of you." Changkyun shouts while pointing at Kihyun.

"Hey, calm down. Why don't you give me and Kihyun some time?" I demand facing Changkyun. He walks into my bedroom.

"I just wanna say I'm so sorry for last night. I don't know what got into me." Kihyun apologizes.

"Yeah, you weren't the same Kihyun I met 2 weeks ago. I've never seen that side of you." I scold.

He looks down. "I just hope you can forgive me."

I stop myself from saying a word. I needed time to think about it. But it was my first time dating this guy, maybe all I needed was to know him better and expect more from our relationship.

"Fine." I say.

He brings his head up. He smiles, and it's like a million birds sing to the beat of his heart.

"Really? Thank you!! I really love you, Y/N." Kihyun exclaims.

"Haha, I love you too Kihyun." He kisses me on the forehead.

"How about we go out for lunch? Be ready by 12:30?" He says.

"Oki, see you soon!" I wave and he waves back. He kisses me again and smiles. He walks away as I close the door.

A million voices told me that it could've been someone else, but a million more scream that he's the one for me.

Changkyun comes out of the room. "Are y'all done?!"

I sigh.

"Yes!" I yell back.

He slips out of the room and walks over to me. "So what happened?"

"Hmm, I'll tell you later! Right now, I have to get ready." I say excitedly.

"So I'm guessing things went ok." Changkyun guesses.

I smile and walk away, I have another date to get ready for.

Me and Changkyun sit on my couch. I wait for Kihyun and he waits for his lunch from McDonalds to arrive.

We bet on who will come first. Shortly, the door bell rings.

"I think that's my lunch." Changkyun guesses while walking to the door.

He opens the brown shiny door and sees nothing he expected.

"Oh, it's you again." Changkyun sobs sarcastically.

"Don't worry, Changkyun. I'm not here for you." Kihyun smiles.

"Oh, Kihyun it's you!" I say as I walk over to the door. "See you later Changkyun!"

Changkyun smiles and closes the door. Kihyun and I walk out of the building, arms hooked onto each other, but still, I doubted that caution signs wouldn't be surrounding him soon.