Chapter 3 - It Takes Time

Scott wakes up to find Malia and Lydia watching some sort of cartoon. "Are Peter and Stiles awake?" He questions sitting up. Malia shakes her head. "I haven't seen or heard then yet." Lydia looks back at him. He looks at his phone seeing a missed call and text from his mom and another text from Chris. Scott completely forgot he had him in his contacts. He looks at the time, 9:24 am. He sends a quick explanation to his mom and tells her she will hear the full story later. He reads the text from Chris.

Hey Scott. I am only a town away. Just stopped at a rest stop, should be there soon.
Sent-9:00

Scott starts his walk upstairs sensing out which room his best friend and Peter are in. He knocks and hears a small sound then a pawing at the door. He smiles as he opens the door to Stiles at his feet. "Go wake Peter." He whispers. Stiles perks up and does as told. He walks back downstairs laughing at the sound of Peter getting annoyed.

Stiles crawled onto Peter and licked his face. "Stiles, lay down." Stiles doesn't listen, but continues to lick his lover's face. Peter sighs and sits up lifting Stiles with him. The fox sits staring innocently at Peter. "I can't stay mad at you, dammit." He kisses Stiles between the eyes and stand up. He moves for a pair of sweats before walking to the bathroom. Stiles closely follows waiting at the door. Eventually, the two walk their way downstairs.

"I'm assuming you made him wake me up for a reason?" Peter questioned Scott as Stiles went to greet Lydia and Malia. "Yeah, Chris is gonna be here soon. He texted me a half hour ago and said he's at a rest stop a town away." Peter nodded with a slight smile. "So, if Stiles has both of you as mates, does that mean you and Chris are mates?" Scott asks with pure curiosity.

Peter nods, "Yeah. Chris and I only decided to separate because something felt off about it all. Like I said yesterday, I think we needed Stiles, as corny as it sounds." Scott chuckles lightly. "I don't want to do the whole 'hurt him and I'll kill you' but, who am I kidding," Scott laughs. "Of course, I want to! Peter, I swear," He starts before Peter finishes for him. "I wouldn't even dream of hurting him. He is more than you think to me." Peter states watching his fox roll around the floor as Lydia and Malia play with him. "And if I ever hurt him, I wouldn't be able to live with myself." He finishes before moving to get a water out of the fridge. Scott looks at him with understanding eyes.

All the sudden, Stiles perks up and makes some strange noises as he runs to the door. Peter smiles, "Chris." Peter opens the apartment door letting Stiles jump at Chris. He laughs and looks at Peter. Peter smiles at him. "Long time no see." Chris shakes his head and leans in for a kiss. Stiles whines under them. The two laugh and Chris leans down. "Hi Stiles." He greets kissing his snout. Stiles licks Chris' face.

"Hey Scott." Scott smiles giving a light hug. "Hey. How are you?" Chris nods. "I'm okay actually. How have you guys been?" He asks noticing Lydia and Malia. "Good." The three say at the same time. Chris hugs Lydia and Malia. The fox moves to Chris' side. Chris smiles down but quickly looks up to Scott. "Why is he still a fox? John said he needed both Peter and I here." He nodded. "He does. I'll call Deaton."

Scott comes back with one simple answer. "Just have to give him time. He is in full control of when he changes back." Lydia pushes the three of them out. "We will go and let you guys have a bonding day. We will be back at some point later tonight." Now Chris and Peter attempt to help Stiles come back.

"I told you last night Stiles. I am not mad. I won't be mad." Chris nods. "I am not and will not be mad either Stiles." The fox walks to the couch and hops up facing them. "You make a beautiful fox, but you're also a beautiful human." Peter smiles. The fox makes a happy noise. Chris moves slightly closer. "Stiles, honey, you can always turn back into your fox form." Stiles stills and sets his head on the arm of the couch. "Wanna go lay in bed?" Peter offers. Stiles jumps off the couch and runs his way to the upstairs room they layed in the previous night.

"Why upstairs?" Chris asked following Peter. "Thought maybe if we lay with him, the comfort of us will bring him back to his human self." "Smart." Chris complimented. Peter smiled and let Stiles in the room. The fox immediately hopped onto the bed waiting for his two mates to join. Peter removes his sweats, crawling into his spot from last night. Chris removes his jeans and jacket, sliding into the other side of the bed.

Stiles crawls between them and curls up in a ball. He relaxes feeling an arm from Chris and Peter lay over him. The three fall asleep in a comforting position.