Chapter 4 - Bitter Sweet

Chris and Peter woke up but the fox once laying between them is gone. Both immediately sat up. "He's here." Peter says with relief in his voice. "I think we got our human Stiles back." Peter wanders down the stairs, Chris close behind. They follow the sound of a quiet singing. In the kitchen is Stiles searching for food in one of Peter's shirts and sweatpants.

Peter sneaks behind him pulling him close. Stiles tenses but immediately relaxes knowing who it is. "Hey there honey." Stiles smiles and leans into Peter. "How come you didn't wake us?" Chris asks moving in front of Stiles. He shrugged. "I don't know. You guys looked comfy so I just got up to get a snack of some sort. Sadly, there is nothing in here." He rolls his eyes. "We can order something." Peter kisses Stiles' neck lightly. Chris leads the two into the living room. They curl on the couch and Chris orders them a pizza.

                                                                                              *

Chris leans down and kisses Stiles on the head then on the lips before he leaves them to pay for the pizza. Stiles looks up at Peter. "Peter," He whispers catching Peter's attention. Stiles leans up letting Peter meet him half way for a kiss. "I will answer any questions you guys have." Stiles states grabbing a slice of pizza. "Good. The pack will be here within the next few hours to see you." Chris smiles. "They know?" Peter shakes his head. "They don't but they told me this morning they will be coming by sometime tonight to check in."

Stiles nods and eats his pizza. He leans his back on Chris and lays his feet on Peter. The three watch Family Guy reruns for about an hour before Chris' phone rings. He leans over answering the call. Stiles looks up at him then back at the tv. "Scott and the rest of the pack are coming here in an hour. Why don't you go shower?" He tells Stiles. He nods kissing both his lovers and walks upstairs to the bathroom. Once the shower is running, Peter helps Chris clean up the food.

"I think this is why everything felt so strange before." Peter cleans up where they were sitting. "Meaning?" Chris looked over to him indicating him to explain. "We separated from each other thinking it was a problem when the real solution was that we needed Stiles. We simply weren't complete." Peter explains walking into the kitchen where Chris was throwing away the empty pizza box. "I agree. It is way better this way." Chris smiles leaning on the counter. Peter moves closer and kisses Chris. Chris kisses him slowly but reluctantly pulls back.

"Go get clothes out for our little fox." Chris instructs as he moves to grab his keys. "Where exactly are you going?" Peter questions grabbing Chris' hand. "I was gonna go get some shakes." He smiles and kisses Peter's head. "Go." Peter rolls his eyes and does as told after watching Chris leave.

Peter hears Stiles open the bathroom door. He treads into the bedroom. "Hey Peter." Peter smiles at him. "Before you panic, Chris went out for a minute." Stiles nodded watching him walk out of the room. He changes, taking his time, before walking back downstairs to Peter. Stiles noticed Peter is on the phone, he moves quietly towards him. Stiles walks in front of Peter wrapping his arms around Peter's waist. Peter holds Stiles with the one arm he isn't using to hold his phone, running his hand up and down Stiles' back. Stiles presses a light kiss to Peter's chest before laying his head down.

Peter ends his call causing Stiles to question. "Was the Chris?" Peter laughs wrapping his other arm around him little fox. "Yes. He was just pulling into the parking lot. He should be walking in any second now." Stiles lights up and nods his head. Peter holds him close kissing his head. The loft door opens and Chris walks in. "Stiles," He looks up at Peter then over to Chris who is walking to him with a large shake.

Stiles smiles and goes to say thank you as he is also handed curly fries. "OH, MY GOD I LOVE YOU!" Stiles shouts walking to the couch with his curly fries and shake in hand. Peter laughs along with Chris and the two follow not too far behind their lover. They walk in to find Stiles attempting to eat tons of fries at once as he puts on Family Guy. Chris and Peter sit on either side of him. "I love you too." Chris speaks lowly in Stiles' ear. Stiles smiles at him leaning over for kiss.

Peter smiles at his two lovers. As they wait for the pack, they three stay curled up on the couch. Stiles leans his head on Peter's shoulder. "Damn the change was extremely tiring." He lightly laughs at his statement. Chris rubs his arm before getting up. "Yeah that happens." Peter agrees. "They're on their way." Chris states coming back to the couch, setting his phone on the table. Stiles nods but shifts slightly to take Chris' arm pulling in to him. He interlocks their fingers and lays their hands his lap; he stays in the same position with Peter.

"They're here" Peter gets up hearing then down the hall. He meets them at the door. "How is he?" Scott asks walking in, everyone following behind him. "I'm fine Scotty." Stiles answers from the couch. "STILES!" They all shout running to him. Stiles laughs standing up to be engulfed in a giant group hug. "Okay, I still have to breathe!" He laughs out while they each peel out of the group hug. Peter and Stiles take their spots back and the pack makes themselves comfortable knowing they'll be here for a while. "I will answer all the questions you have. Including you two. "He glanced at both Peter and Chris.