Chapter 5 - We're Okay

"Did you know you were a fox?" Scott asks off the bat. Stiles sighs. "Yes and no. I know that sounds crazy. I had known something was different but I wasn't exactly sure. I did as much research as possible on everything." He explained but then was asked, "How come we never knew, saw signs, or smelled it then?" "Well," Stiles starts. "I wasn't sure what was going on so I found a way to mask any scent besides my normal one from you guys. I didn't want any of you worrying about me. I knew I'd figure it out." Scott looks down.

"Were you scared of telling us?" Liam asks softly. Stiles immediately shakes his head. "No. I wasn't ever scared of telling you guys. I was more of hiding it until I could explain it completely. I also needed to take it whatever I found." He explains looking at the entire pack. "How long have you three been mates? Or even a thing?" Malia looks up at Stiles with questioning eyes. He glances over at Peter and Chris.

"Chris and I have had our own relationship for 3 years. Just a few months ago, we had a talk about what felt so strange. We weren't sure what was wrong." Peter starts. "I started to feel weak and different around that time." Stiles adds. "I wasn't even aware of the fox at that point." Stiles is hit with a question he isn't sure he can answer. "How did you even become a fox?" Stiles shrugs. "I honestly don't know. I felt slightly weak a few months back. When it slowly got stronger, I masked it and researched. Then when you guys went to fight that witch the other day, a wolf came up to me. It was a large sized black wolf." He explained wit confusion tied in his voice. "It doesn't even make sense to me but something about the wolf felt different. I wasn't scared. I remember sitting in front of it. Staring into its eyes." Stiles recalls.

Stiles feels Peter tense beside him. He looks over seeing Peter's ice blue eyes. He sets his hand on Peter's leg catching Peter's attention. He takes a deep breath, closing his eyes, regaining control. "What color were its eyes?" Chris calmly rests his hand on Stiles'. "I think they were purple." He says slowly. "A crystal purple." He confirms. Chris stands up and starts pacing. "That's how you became a fox, Stiles." Chris takes a deep breath. "Scott, what happened to the witch when you found it?" Chris turns to him. "She put up a fight but we left her for dead. She was pretty weak."

Chris sighed at the answer he got. Peter looked at Chris and knew what he was getting at causing his eyes to turn again; his anger slowly rising. "Scott, she might've had magical abilities but you fought a shapeshifter. A trickster. It fled to Stiles as a wolf and made him believe it was safe. She tricked him and the fox he now is, was just what this shapeshifter did to him in payback to you fighting her." He explained crossing his arms. Peter let out a low growl causing Stiles to look him in the eye. He took Peter's hand and squeezed lightly. The reassurance made Peter relax enough to pull Stiles a bit closer to him.

"Stiles, I'm sorry." Scott says with sorrow and guilt taking over him completely. Stiles shakes his head. "It's okay Scotty." He pries from Peter's hold and hugs Scott. "I'm still me. Just have a new side." He smiled and took a deep breath. "Okay. I need happy thoughts not depressing ones." Stiles states turning around. "Movie night!" Lydia shouts with a smile. Liam and Hayden get extra pillows and blankets from around the loft. The three mates curl up on the couch with Scott and Liam in front of the couch they're on. Theo and Malia sit on the love seat leaving Lydia, Hayden, and Kira closest to the tv on the floor.

By the end of the night, the entire pack is sound asleep. You could feel the happiness through all of them. It was all okay now.