Chapter 2

For those whom have read chapter 1 when the book was 14 reads. I changed their remaining time before their deaths to 10 minutes in case you haven't noticed.

___

It hasn't been a month since he was assigned to his host and before he could even help him advance onto a new rank, currently, in a few seconds both of them will breathe their last.

"NO!! I CAN'T ACCEPT THIS!"

Argen panicked and went inside the stomach of the lion like a ghost. He saw his host's mangled body parts and Argen could hear his host's weak breathing.

[HOST! DON'T DIE ON ME JUST YET!] Argen voiced out his concerns in a loud voice hoping it could wake up the host and buy themselves some time.

"System..." The teenager, who was at death's door, whispered to Argen telepathically. "I'm s-sorry, I have let you down" Tears stared to flow from his eyes.

Argen felt a twinge of forlorn and guilt. Although Argen knew he was assigned by the System's Association to the currently weakest protagonist in terms of potential, he did not hate nor despise this kid. He himself was also the most trashiest system there is.

But this kid, even with his tragic history, was strong and determined. He had an impenitrable heart. Argen felt guilty because he had been slacking off in training his host well.

Systems are both a teacher and a literal life companion.

"If only I wasn't lazy" Argen lamented his past actions. [Don't worry host, I will accomapany you] He said and for the first time, showed his true form to the teenager.

The monstrous lion that had eaten Argen had a wide stomach that even 20 grown men were to enter, the place would still be spacious. Thats why even Argen showed himself, his body did not seem to be in a awkward position.

The host was dumbfounded at another human's appearance within the stomach. "Hi, host" Argen greeted him with an awkward smile.

Argen had congealed all his [System's Energy] , which can also be considered as life force, to materialize himself and let his host see Argen's form during their few moments before death.

"Y-y-you are...?!"

"I am indeed the system. Its a pity we both end here today. Unless some miracle..."

*Slash*

Between the space of Argen and the teenager, a red thin line appeared.  Suddenly, the stomach separated and split into two. Each side having the two human beings.

The dying duo were alarmed and the Argen immedietly flew over to his host to uh...protect him.

"HAHAHAHA! King of Sublime World, did you think you could escape from me by pretending to be a measly spirit beast here on this subpar planet? What do you take me for? A fool? I am the almighty Ruler of Necromancy!"

Argen switched his sight to the location of the voice and was welcomed by the sight of a guffawing black robed person. He had majectic dark designs on the clothes and on his boney hands lay a skeletal scepter. On its peak lay a creepy laughing skull whom was emitting a blood red fog on its vicinity. There were floating thin blades, dripping with blood, swirling around the skull.

"Moron! I was so bored playing with your lousy tricks that I had decided to play hide and seek! How was that? You have finally felt a sense of accomplishment right?" On the lion's head, a white figure emerged from it and faced his interlocutor with a mocking expression. How would he be a pushover in terms of insulting?