Broken Hearted

Dedicated to TheRedDelilah because she's an amazing writer who's comments always have me rushing to upload:)

*****************************************************************

How I was able to make it home was beyond me, but somehow I did. I sat in my car with my hands in my lap, and tried to compose myself the best I could. I knew my brother’s would want nothing more than to rip Blayne to shreds as soon as they saw me, so I needed to put up as strong a front as I could so that I’d be able to stop them. It wasn’t going to be easy, no matter that Leroy was younger and Lance older by a pinch, they still saw me as their baby sister, and nobody messed with their baby. My dad was even worse with me being the only girl, and so much like mom, it was a good thing he was still away on business or there would be no stopping the James's men from setting out like the ancient warriors of our islands that we grew up hearing so much about.

Wiping my tired, red rimmed eyes once more of the fresh batch of tears that were falling, I took a deep breath and released it, then got out to face my brothers. As I reached our front door, I could hear their argument coming from the living room window.

“No way man, the shape shifter is totally Jackson, you can tell by that nasty black stuff that came out his nose and ears!” Lance stated.

“Bull, Lance. It’s Lydia! She broke her mirror remember?” Leroy grumbled back.

“So what, that’s because the chick is majorly screwed in her head! I mean, come on! Why the heck does she keep seeing that Peter dude when no one else does?”

“See, just another reason why she’s the shape shifter dumb ass!”

“Ah, suck my nuts!” 

“No thanks, I don’t swing that way, besides that would be incest.” Leroy retorted, egging Lance on.

“Dude shut the hell up, it’s back on.” Lance said ignoring Leroy’s wise remark.

Had I not just faced my first major heart break, I would have waltzed right in there with them as they secretly caught up on recent episodes of Teen Wolf, busted them for it with plans to use it as black mail material, then spoiled the suspense for them by spilling that it was Jackson and not Lydia. Lance would then rub it in, pissing Leroy off, resulting in an impromptu scuffle which I would record on my phone and immediately post on face book to their embarrassment and we would all get a good laugh out of it.

That wouldn’t be happening of course, because I couldn’t find it in me to see the humor of the situation right now, when the remnants of my heart were still being dragged behind me with every step I took. Straightening my back, I opened the door and stepped inside the warmth of my house, that sadly didn’t offer me it’s usual comforts.

I could hear them rushing around, looking for the remote to quickly change it to the sports channel, and as I made my way into the living room I saw they were sitting on opposite sides of the couch, nonchalantly as if they weren’t just engrossed in a popular werewolf series. “Hey Lylah, we were wondering where you were while we were checking the scores on Sports Center.” Lance said without turning to face me.