Epilogue

The dress was everything I’d ever imagined. The sweetheart neckline was adorned with intricate beading, and hugged my body until flaring lightly at my waist falling gracefully to the floor. The shiny off white material brought an added glow to my skin and complimented the excited flush in my cheeks. My hair was pulled back from my face but left in loose curls down my back. How the hairdresser was able to contain the flowing mass with only a diamond clip was beyond me, but as soon as my father handed it to me and I recognized it was the same one my mother wore on her wedding day, I knew I didn’t want anything else in my hair. Cute open toed satin heels completed the dress. I decided to forgo a veil, not wanting to miss seeing a single expression that crossed Caleb’s features once we were ready to say ‘I do’.

My makeup was done in warm brown tones that complimented my eyes, making them seem bigger and brighter than normal. Though, that could have nothing to do with the make up and everything to do with the complete and utter happiness I was feeling. I was about to marry the love of my life, and I couldn’t wait.

Female laughter from just outside my hotels enormous bedroom could be heard. My bridal party was enjoying a few pre-wedding drinks while I finished getting into my dress. In just under an hour I would be pledging my love and devotion to Caleb in the beautiful gardens of the Leilani Resort, which was run by none other than Blayne’s dad, Craig. It was a bit of a surprise when Blair got wind of my engagement to Caleb and suggested we have it here, but as soon as Craig took us on a walk of the area and showed us the hall where the reception would follow, I didn’t want to get married anywhere else. Caleb wasn’t concerned where we got married, as long as he was marrying me. That was something I’d heard repeatedly throughout the planning, only proving he was the best and only man for me.

A raucous laugh broke through my thoughts and I recognized it as none other than my maid of honor, Keri. A pang in my heart never failed to follow after thoughts of her. I’d hardly seen her over the last five years, though we talked and skyped frequently enough. After high school she went to college in California while Caleb, Leah, Lance, Leroy, Koa, and myself stayed here for school. Spencer enlisted in the air force and was even now flying high over seas somewhere, but sent message of his congratulations to us just last night.

Leroy and Keri never got back together, even after word had spread that someone had added a little something to his drink that night. It was never said who did , but I always had a serious suspicion it was Sherri. Especially when it turned out that the girl Leroy had been with that night was related to her. Caleb, my soon to be police officer husband, agreed with me. His years of school majoring in Criminal Justice along with his rookie experiences so far in the law enforcement field said all signs suggested that was the case, but with no proof there was nothing we could do. Even if there was a chance they could get over that and try again, I’m sure the clean cut blonde goddess Keri showed up with last night would have something to say about that, seeing as she was wearing his engagement ring.

I’ll never forget the look on my brother’s face when he went to greet her and caught sight of the bling on her finger. My heart broke for him. He never said so out loud, but I knew deep in his heart he’d always hoped he’d have a second chance with her. The way her fiance, David, put a possessive arm around her and extended a hand in greeting to Leroy made it clear his chance was long gone. I was happy for my friend, but something about the pair didn’t seem right. They were comfortable with one another, but it seemed almost platonic. Like they were more friends than lovers. Isn’t that how the most lasting relationships start though?