Fluffy Tails - 1

Chapter 1

Posted on November 7, 2012 by thdonkatsu

One Tuesday afternoon, right after their usual lunchtime, Taeyeon woke up from her nap to hear voices talking about her. She raised her head and perked her ears, trying to listen to the ongoing conversation. Her nose sniffed the air, catching an unfamiliar scent approaching her location.

"I want a fluffy bunny with pink nose and pink ears!"

Her ears stiffened at the sound of the high-pitched voice. She lifted her front paw and leaped over her still sleeping friend. She tried to cover her with her body while she sat up on her hind feet, trying to get a better view of her surroundings.

"Ah we have exactly what you're looking for."

She heard the familiar voice of the shop owner. Her nose started to move even faster. She didn't like this. She moved back, bumping against her sleeping pal in an attempt to wake her up. "Fany!" She hissed.

"Wh-mmph..."

Tiffany didn't even move.

"Code red!" Taeyeon thumped her hind foot, signaling danger.

"W-what?!"

Tiffany opened her eyes and lifted her head. Her ears stood upright and she also sniffed the same unknown scent.

"They want a fluffy bunny! Stay down!" Taeyeon warned Tiffany.

Tiffany folded her ears and immediately lay back down, hiding behind Taeyeon. Her nose started moving even faster because of anxiety. She wasn't expecting this. It was a weekday so it was supposed to be quiet. She did her best to pretend to look weak like she had done countless times before.

"Here you go."

Something huge appeared, pressing against the thin cage bars, startling Taeyeon. She moved back when she saw the eager grinning face of the young girl.

Tiffany felt Taeyeon falling on top of her but she stayed still, not moving even a whisker.

"But this one is gray!"

A finger reached into the cage, stopping right in front of Taeyeon's face.

How she wished she could kick that finger away and bark like her dog friend to scare the human away or just bite it.

"The other one isn't that gray," said the shop owner. He reached inside the cage, trying to grab the one lying behind Taeyeon.

Taeyeon didn't move but the hand grabbed her and moved her aside. She tried kicking but the owner knew how to handle her. Plus, she was small so even her hardest kick wouldn't do much to the man. She pawed at the hand when it grabbed Tiffany.

"No! Let go of her!"

Tiffany felt Taeyeon making a fuss. She had expected the hand to grab her. She lay still, weakening her muscles even more.

"Bunny!"

The small human was jumping up and down, trying to get a look at the limp bunny in the owner's hand.

"It doesn't look well," said another human who was standing near the small jumpy one.

"She's okay. I just fed her less than half an hour ago and she looked fine," said the owner.

"Let me see! Let me see!"

Tiffany felt the warm large hand lowering her.

"Can I touch it?"