Reset - Bonus

(Bonus Side Chapter)

Taeyeon didn't stop running until she reached the elevator.

She prayed that no one was in it because her face was wet from the tears that hadn't stopped rolling down her cheeks.

She kept her head down all the way to her car.

Not exactly knowing what to do, she decided to just go home and drown her sorrows in ice cream.

She stopped at the nearby convenient store, put on a cap she found in her car and checked her face in the mirror one last time to make sure that it didn't look too obvious that she had been crying.

Taeyeon grabbed a pint of vanilla ice cream and a bottle of chocolate syrup then stood in line to pay.

There were two girls in front of her – one brunette and one blonde. They were arguing and she overheard them.

"Good riddance!" The blonde said loudly as she put the shopping basket on the counter.

"Don't say that!" The brunette hit her friend. "And keep your voice down! I don't want the whole world to know I've just been dumped." She pouted cutely.

Taeyeon was surprised to hear the cute voice and see the pout. She quickly averted her eyes before she was caught staring.

"You should've dumped her first! I've told you to do that at least fifty times! That unnie is trouble. She's been playing you right from the start."

Taeyeon's eyes inadvertently widened at the word 'unnie'.

The brunette sighed as she put her shopping basket on the counter after her friend had paid for her stuff.

"You're too gullible. You fall in love too easily." The blonde was still scolding her friend.

"Just stop it, okay?" The brunette retorted. "It's done. The end. I will not have anything to do with her anymore." She paid for her stuff.

"Even if she suddenly begs for your forgiveness all crying and puppy-eyed and asks you to come back to her? Again?"

"Not this time. I swear." The brunette grabbed her plastic bag and walked out with her friend.

Taeyeon quietly digested everything she had overheard while paying for her food.

She took the plastic bag and was about to leave the store when the same brunette rushed through the door – bowing apologetically to her for almost bumping into her.

"Excuse me," the brunette approached the lady behind the counter. "I just noticed that this package is torn." She showed the pack of jelly in her hands. "Can I exchange it for a new one?" She also showed the receipt.

"I'm sorry but we can't exchange food items. It's the store policy." The lady pointed at the large plastic sign stuck to the bottom front side of the counter.

"But I was just here and I didn't open this!"

"I'm sorry, Miss."

The girl threw her hands up. "I can't believe this! I'm not even asking for my money back. I just want a new bag of jelly! I was just here! Don't tell me you've already forgotten my face?" It was just a bag of jelly but she was just dumped so it felt like a big deal to her.

Taeyeon quietly went to the candy display near the cashier and took a new bag from it. She set it on the counter along with the money to pay for it.

The cashier stopped arguing for a second to scan the item. She took the money and was about to put the jelly into a plastic bag when Taeyeon stopped her. "No need for a bag." She held out her hand.