Ch. 7

"Nedzu!"

"Ah, good afternoon, Nemuri. Greetings, Toshinori. What can I do for you two?"

Midnight shout towards the desk where the tiny fluffy creature is seated, slightly startling Toshi who whispers to her to lower her voice and slowly follows her into the principal's office as she walks towards his desk.

"Yamada, Aizawa, and Kagami aren't at school today and we want to ask where are they. They surely contacted you about their absence, right?"

"I'm afraid they haven't. I haven't heard of them since yesterday when they set off home."

They both freeze in place surprised not even Nedzu knows where they are. All of a sudden, Toshinori gets an idea that might not be the solution but it's worth a shot.

"Nedzu, may I see the security cameras?"

"Why of course. This way."

Nedzu jumps off of his huge chair and walks over to a wall where he presses a button, opening a door which leads to a room looking like some sort of control room, full of screens, each one capturing different angles around the school.

"Uh, I can't operate this. Would you be so kind, Nemuri- ?"

Toshi doesn't even get to finish his sentence and Midnight is already sitting at the desk, searching through the files.

"Show me 6:50 am, the school gate."

He leans towards to get closer to the screen, his arm supporting him against the chair's back and his heart rate raising when he sees you on the screen, walking towards the school gate.

"You know the exact time she gets here? Talk about creepy."

"W- what? No. It's not creepy. It's hard not to remember when it's the same time each day."

His words keep getting stuck as he speaks, looking away when he feels Nemuri's eyes on him, the side of his face starting to burn from her intense stare.

"There! Stop it. Who is that? Isn't that the boy who fought with young Midoriya?"

Midnight turns her head to the screen and pauses the record before zooming in on the person's face. It's a boy with fluffy indigo hair and quite the eye bags. She gasps from the realization that she's seen him too.

"That's Hitoshi Shinsō!"

"From 1-C. The brainwashing boy. Uhh- play it!"

Right when All Might realizes what his quirk was, there's no doubt about your disappearance. The two teachers keep their eyes glued to the screen until a sprayed van pulls up and a tall, thin man with a bird mask hops out of the driver's seat and jogs up to Hitoshi, picking you up and disappearing into the van. He jumps out a few seconds after, nodding at the boy to get in before shutting both wings of the back door and driving away.

Toshi backs away from the screens, leaning against the back wall and sliding down onto the floor, looking absolutely destroyed and with the face of a broken man. Nemuri keeps searching for something but after a few minutes she sighs in defeat and gets up.

"I can't tell who the man is. He has a mask covering his whole head and a damn hoodie so I have nothing. Oh wow, is this how the number one hero reacts when his coworker gets kidnapped by a random ass van and a U. A. student helps?"

He keeps his head down, almost ashamed of himself, helpless. It takes a long while for him to answer, his voice low and growly.

"She means so much more to me. She's not just a coworker."

His head finally faces her, his face twisted with worry.

"I love her, Nemuri. I love her so much."

She smiles at him with quite a sassy pose, reaching out her hand for him.

"I know, Toshinori. But with an attitude like this, there probably won't be anything left from her to love so get your bony ass up and go and save her. I messaged the police and they've tracked the van through the city's cameras."

She swings him up, laying her hands on his hunched shoulders and smiles at him with a determined look.

"Now go and be a hero."