Ch. 8

"Did anyone see you?" Aizawa mutters as they drive through the city. He's sitting in the passenger seat while Mic is trying his best not to cut the turns too fast so you don't fall in the back of the van. Hitoshi still has a grip on your mind so all you can do is listen. You somewhat calmed down when you realized it's Hizashi and Shota but your confusion doesn't seem to ease.

'Is this what they do to all newcomers? It hasn't even been a month and they're already testing me? And what's the deal with Hizashi?' Your head is just a hurricane of questions that don't seem to have answers.

"Not that I know. The cameras definitely did, though, so they'll have enough clues to find us. We don't have much time so we'll have to hurry to the underground and off the CCTV."

"I'd say it's quite unsettling to see you're so calm and professional when it comes to kidnappings but I shouldn't be surprised after your career of a joker back in high school."

Hizashi snickers at the comment, internally kind of agreeing his usually flashy and energetic personality is so turned down when doing something against the rules or even the law, making him seem like a real professional in crime. "And you too. After all, you've been my partner in crime ever since we met and you became my favorite grump, my closest friend, and my high school c- bud at work! Y-yeah, who would've thought we'll end up as teachers at the same school, eh?" The blond couldn't be gladder to have the mask on, being the cover for his red embarrassed face.

"'Zashi, focus. You're talking too much again."

"Oh yeah, right, sorry," Mic's grip on the stirring wheel slightly loosens as he calms down a bit and tried to focus on the road and not on Shōta.

Meanwhile, Hitoshi has been listening to his teachers' every word before smirking when Yamada gets really nervous when talking about him and Aizawa. Hitoshi is a very observant student when it comes to people and their emotions, just like back then in his classroom when you were about to flip. When their small conversation ends, he decides to somewhat break the tension: "Professor Aizawa? When can I let miss Kagami go?"

The raven slightly turns his head towards the back, seeming like he almost forgot that they're driving two other people with them in the back. "Hm? Oh, I guess it's not necessary for you to keep a hold of- "

"No! Whatever you do, do not let go!" Mic jumps in, cutting Aizawa off and screaming in sudden panic. The both of the tired guys jump a little from surprise, their eyes piercing Mic in confusion.

"Why not? Even if she does yell, no one should hear her through the van's walls and traffic."

"Her voice probably not. But a few days back, we found out something we didn't know was possible."

"What do you mean 'her voice'? I don't think any human's voice is loud enough to... oh no," Aiz stops mid-sentence as he realizes whose voice Hizashi means.

"Yeah. She tried mimicking my quirk... and succeeded. First, she had to stand in the full blow of my sound waves and then try copying it herself. So in the end, both her ears and throat were torn apart I- I didn't want to do it but she insisted. Oh god, there was so much blood- " his whole trembling body jerks to the side when Aiz softly lays his hand on his shoulder with a warm expression when they stop on the red light.

"Hizashi, calm the fuck down. You're losing it. You've done nothing wrong when it's what Kagami wanted. And she's still alive from what I can see. Just keep a cool head and don't fuck this up. We need to stay calm and collected before Toshinori finds us and shit hits the fan."