Out // 2nd part // clear view // fluffy af

"Come on, go and talk to her, Whitehead"

"Mate, she didn't look at me one sec since I've arrived"

Jack chuckled at that. "And who do you think you are? Brad Pitt or something... I'm just gonna go now talking to her for you, is that what you want?"

"No, right, I'll just go then"

Fionn tread self-consciously through the room, its laughter and its familiar smell of alcohol. Although, he knew almost everyone here and had always felt at ease at Aneurin's, it was pretty tough for him to venture to greet Y/N.

Talking of Y/N, she was pretending to enjoy herself but the only person she truly knew was Jack Lowden and she just saw him making his way towards the kitchen. When she looked around, she saw him, Fionn Whitehead that she had known for a TV show a long time earlier and his breakthrough film, Dunkirk. She immediately found him cute and even browsed Tumblr and other dens for swooning. But seeing him here was just pretty intimidating, add to this that he was obviously coming to her.

"Hello, erm.. I-I just saw you from the other side of the room and just thought you were magnificent", the second he said that last word, he felt a bit silly and wished he would have gone with 'beautiful' or simply 'charming'. He wished he could just disappear like smoke by now and blushed quickly.

Y/N smiled with that very large smile children sometimes wear. "Well, thank you... May I call you Fionn?", she replied. He nooded. "I think you're magnificent too Fionn"

"And to think that I did not want to come at first...", said Fionn "maybe we should go elsewhere than surrounded by the chatter?"

"Maybe we should do that, indeed", Y/N chuckled.

This is how a few seconds later, without notice, the young actor took Y/N's small right hand to lead her seemingly in the attic. After all, Y/N did not know Fionn really well and could have reconsidered following him if being around him did not feel so good. It just felt like it was essential. As essential as air.

As a matter of fact, Fionn had a much better place than to make her visit the attic of his friend. Would it not sound creepy, if all worked out, to say at a family reunion that the first date took place in an attic? Sure it would. They climbed a couple of stairs from a ladder that did not seem that steady.

"Are you used to climb this?", asked Y/N, not confident at all about her chances to arrive alive on the roof.

Fionn looked at her. If he had not been asked a question, he would have probably kept on staring at her. Who could blame the poor boy? Y/N, craddled by the embrace of the rising star, was sparkling like she had never sparkled.

"I mean, what could happen? It's a very solid ladder!", he reaffirmed while touching the rungs, that were close to fall. "Ok, maybe not that solid... But at worst, you will fall in my arms!"

"Uh-uh, not happening, Whitehead", grinned Y/N at the English hottie facing her.

After those efforts implemented, the pair made its way onto the roof and kept on talking for the rest of the evening. The party kept going under them. Almost the whole cast of Dunkirk had gathered and they were incredibly loud but it did not stop the conversation to go on.

It chimed midnight when Y/N regretfully implied she would have to go.

"I had a very good time with you, Fionn..."

"I had a very good time with you as well. Tell me I'll see you again, even if that's a lie!", replied the Londoner squire.

"In order to keep my promise, here is my phone number: you can text me whenever you feel like it", stated Y/N while writing a series of figures on Fionn's left hand with a pen she always kept in her pocket.

On her way back home, Y/N felt her phone vibrating against her thigh. According to studies, it is no good to keep your phone near your thigh but science does not tell if the results change when you get a text from a very cute bloke. Probably not.

"I bet it is too soon to be cheesy or anything but nevermind, I'm looking forward to see you again"