Chapter Five-The Wasp Nest

Warning:Includes insects (wasps). If you do not like insects, or if they make you uncomfortable, I recommend not reading this chapter. Continue at your own risk.

We had been running around for roughly two hours. "Thomas, I can't keep running." I said to Thomas, trying to catch my breath. "Oh, finally, I was waiting for you to say that." Thomas replied, almost wheezing. We had been running nonstop. "But still, this is nothing compared to the maze." I said through my heavy breathing. "Let's take a break under that tree." Thomas said to me, exhausted. I plopped down next to Thomas, who was staring off into the mountains. "This is an apple tree." Said Thomas, glancing up at the brown tree bark. I stood up and lifted my arm towards the apples. I gripped two apples, one in each hand, and plopped back down. I handed one to Thomas, and plopped back down. By the time I got the dirt off of mine, Thomas was already busy chomping. "Hungry much?" I asked Thomas, with a smirk tugging on the corner of my mouth. "Yep." Thomas said, juice shooting out of his mouth. "Gross, Thomas!" I said through some childish giggles. We laughed for a good two minutes when my stomach finally made some noise. "Hungry much?" Asked Thomas, mocking what I had said earlier. "Be quiet, Thomas." I said, smiling. I took a bite out of the apple. It's sweet juice flooded my mouth. "Wow, I haven't eaten an apple this good since the Right Arm." I said, with apple in my mouth. Thomas was already practically finished with his apple. He was now nibbling the core. I lifted up my head to see a yellowjacket nest in a nearby tree. Just watching their slow movement sent shivers down my spine. When there was absolutely no more pieces of apple on Thomas' apple core, he threw it at a tree. "Thomas no!" I screamed. But it was too late. The apple core hit the wasp nest. The impact was so hard, it sent the nest down with a loud thump. "Shuck!" Thomas yelled in horror. The swarm of bees came rushing towards us. "Y/N run!" Thomas told me. "I'm not leaving with out you!" I replied. By the time we had started running, the wasps were already stinging us.