Dear (Y/N)

Dear (Y/N),

I want to tell you all the reasons that I love you but I am not by nature, a man gifted with the talent of expressing his thoughts and feelings through written word. I am not Hemmingway, nor am I Keats.

I often wish I was he, for only then could I describe you as he did, for you are truly 'The Beautiful Lady Without Mercy'. La Belle Dame sans Merci!

'I see a lily on thy brow,
With anguish moist and fever-dew,
And on thy cheeks a fading rose
Fast withereth too'

I have lost my freedom to your affections but unlike Keats, I do not resent being locked within your tender clutches.

Like the maiden, you have enthralled me, captured me in your bewitching embrace of sweetest intent. My dear etheral creature, I have bestowed upon you my heart. You are it's keeper. If you were to break it, I would accept the pains of this love with open arms.

'And sure in language strange she said—
'I love thee true'.'

I love you true, my darling. More than you could possibly understand.

You once confessed to me that I...that I was your world- your Earth and Moon but, sweetest one, this is where you were wrong. If I am the Earth and the Moon, then you are my Sun. And just as Galileo believed, I too am a devoted follower of Heliocentrism. I, the Earth and Moon, revolve around the Sun. You turn, I turn. You continue on your journey, then so shall I.

If you take my hand and quote your favourite madman and whisper, 'Run'. Then run I shall. Where shall we go, my love? Where will our feet take us? Wherever you choose, I shall be forever happy, as long as I am with you.

My life is your life and I am under no illusion that the yellow brick road has led to where you wished it to go, nor has it been easy. It is as Eric Hansen said, 'They witnessed her destruction, Then were left to wonder why, She saw nothing but darkness, Though the stars shone in her eyes, But maybe they'd forgotten, When they failed to see the cracks, That a star's light shines the brightest, When it's starting to collapse.'

My starlit girl, even in your darkest times, you still continue to shine and I beg of you- no, I implore you- to never let anyone dull your glow. With that light, fight against the sadness. Be your very own warrioring Queen, be your very own Diana Prince. Adorn your armour and face your darkness head on. Express yourself through your art, your writing, your dance. Battle against what threatens your happiness through your creativity and shine on, my constellation of infinite potential.

As Martin Luther King declared, 'Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.'

Even when I am not around, hold me dear in your heart and find comfort in the knowledge that I am always rooting for you. I always have and I always will. Reign on, my Queen. Don't let your crown slip.

I love you.

Sirius