When You Finally Return

There was a noticable shake to your hand, a slight tremor that ran through you like live electricity.

Your rib cage bruised further by the frantic pounding of your aching heart, so full of yearning and boredline desperation.

Breath caught in your throat, your lungs screamed out in protest, begging you to breathe, just one intake of oxygen would have been suffice but even that was an effort you were unable to make in your current state.

You supposed this was what writers of the countless romance novels you had read in your spare time, meant when they wrote that a character was experiencing shock.

You truly were in shock and it hurt, so far removed from the numbness as you had once assumed you'd experienced when you saw him again but then you knew what they said about assumptions, it made an ass out of you and me-

His gaze met yours, having finally noticed your presence darkening the doorway of the crowded bar.

To say he was surprised to see you was an understatment. He looked almost as if he had seen a ghost but then, you were a spectre he would happily have haunt him for eternity.

Already vacating his barstool and whiskey on the rocks, the male carefully made his way through the lively crowd, eager to reach your still frozen form.

Only when you felt his hand touch your wrist, did you come back to life, melting into his awaiting open arms.

Encircled in a safe embrace, you had undeniably missed your lover, vowing internally not to leave for such a long duration again.

"I missed you." he whispered, almost inaudibly against the the din of ypur current surrounding.

"I missed you." you murmured back, feeling an overwhelming happiness that you had been devoid of for so long.

Oh yes, it was good to be home in the arms of the man you loved.

****

A/N: and just like that, UGottaLoveDraco was back.