Autumn 20

They just finished their dinner and Rachel is already went up to her room.

She's checking the emails that Jane send her. It's about Marcos' Company. It just give her another headache as William crossed her mind.

She just shrugged it off and close her laptop, putting it on the table beside her.

Rachel is about to lay down in her soft mattress when the door squeaked open, entering Richard with the most serious face.

'What's wrong with this jerk?' She thought. But the more she wanted to spunk him, she just let it passed and lay down as if she didn't see him.

"Rachel, mag-usap nga tayo." He just speak in a lil bit angry voice.

Even though she's still awake, she didn't respond. She remained in her position, half blanketed with the comforter.

She heard steps going towards to her direction but then again she didn't gave a piece of damn.

"Akala ko ba okay lang sa'yo na nandito sya?" He spoke again but now a lil bit calm and soft sounded.

He seated on the side of the bed without facing her whose now almost drown to her own tears. She sobbed. But he didn't hear it by the way.

She just realized what she did a while ago to the child is evidently wrong. But she knows to herself that she's trying hard to act normal in front of the child. But then again, she don't want to adjust a lot for just the sake of the child's feelings, she thought, what about her feelings too? Isn't unfair for her to just consumed all of the pain and suffering?

"I just stated the truth. He's only top 2 and I bet walang mali sa sinabi ko." She finally spoke.

"Oo, top 2 sya. But to say na TOP 2 LANG? Rachel, you don't know how this ranking means so much to Stephen. Pinaghihirapan nya yun, kaya wag mong maliitin ang kakayahan ng bata." He defended the child's side.

"At sa lahat? Really Richard? Sa lahat ng sinabi ko sa kanya, ayan ang natandaan mo? You just didn't noticed that.... That I... Gave him a good luck.." She said almost whispering in her last lines.

"Oo nga naman. You got a point there. Hinusgahan mo muna yung kakayahan ng bata bago mo sya minotivate." He said sarcastically.

"Ayun ba talaga ang tingin mo ha?" She seated abruptly to her bed and made Richard front her.

"At yan, galit ka na naman?" Richard just stated.

She lean her head on the headboard and tears stream down to her face.

"Nasasaktan pa rin ako..." That's the only thing she said.

Richard slowly look upon his wife whose now crying again.

He don't want to see his wife crying. Of course, who actually like it right?

He thought he's so fool in what he just said in Rachel face awhile ago without even realizing what she might felt. He just once again, forget about Rachel's side.

"Sorry..." That's the only thing he can say.

He's about to touch Rachel's face and wipe away her tears when she just shoved his hands and speak.

"Iwan mo muna ako." She said almost whispering in agony.

He sighed heavily and gave her a final look before standing up in where he's seated.

The time Rachel heard the door is closed, she started crying out loud.

She knew that all she did a while ago is frantically wrong. It's being childish and irrational but she can't just control her feelings because it giving her more pain inside. She thought, she's already healed by now but it's sort of wrong.

She's truly trying to open her heart with this child but definitely she just can't let him in.

Seeing this child giving her so much thought of being not enough wife to Richard.

Over those 8 years, she thought he chose Selina over her. Because every time she see the child's face or even feels his presence she remembers her mother, Selina and it just give her a damn heartache and sense of irrationality.

"You're dead, pero pakiramdam ko every time na kasama ko si Richard with your child, I am competing with you, again." She thought.

On the other hand, Richard went in the bar. He can't just take it. He thought everything's fine. But in reality, it's totally not.

"Balik na naman sa dating issue! Anong gusto nyang gawin ko?! Hindi ko sya maintindihan. Yeah, I freakout kanina sa ginawa nya because it's definitely wrong. I can't just tolerate her doing such things sa anak ko." He thought.

He ordered a case of beers and drunk it all alone.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Mamita, Tita Rachel is right. I am just top 2." He said in a sad face and tone.

"Ano ka ba? Wag mong isipin yun. Para sa amin you're our one and only top 1. Here oh, sa heart namin." She's trying to comfort her grandchild.

"Mamita, why is Tita Rachel hates me so much?" He stated in the most melancholic face.

She signed the child to come near to him while seating on the bed.

"Apo, Stephen. She didn't hate you. Kasi kung hate ka nya, hindi sya magiging updated sa ranking mo sa school. I didn't told her na top 2 ka. Oh look, paano nya nalaman? Di ba?" She said making the child believed her because that what she feels. Rachel cares so much with the child's sake. She didn't just showing it.

And the child drew a smile on his lips that made his grandma hugged him so tight.

"I love you, Mamita. Thank you." And so, he hugged her Mamita tighter.

"Mahal na mahal ka ni Mamita, Apo." And she kissed his forehead.

"Go ahead, sleep ka na Apo because tomorrow you have your first ever trip with your Tita Rachel and Daddy okay?"

The child just widened his eyes in shocked and excitement.

"Talaga po?!" He smiled widely and clap his hands in glee.

"Oo, Apo. Kaya sleep tight and I know bukas pagkagising mo, all the pain isn't there anymore." She smiled weakly and closed the door of her grandchild's room.

Yes, readers. You're right. They are staying in Rachel's house in US for the whole summer.