Overworked

{ATEM POV}

Yugi Was Just Starting To Wake Up While Me, Being A Spirit, Was Still Awake.
I Don't Really Get Any Sleep At Night, And I Completely Forgot What That Was Even Like Since I've Just Been In A Millennium Item For 5,000 Years.
But, As Much As I May Wonder, It Doesn't Matter, It's Not Like I Ever Feel Tired, That's Only Yugi; Although I Do Continue To Wonder What It's Like.
I'm Curious To See If One Day Yugi Will Let Me Try It, But I Should Only Come Out When I'm Needed, So Maybe This Is Just For The Best.
Without Warning, Yugi Woke Up And Rubbed His Groggy Eyes, Yawning A Little.
"Morning Pharaoh," He Spoke As He Looked Over To Me.
Before I Could Even Respond To Him, We Both Hear Loud Groaning Coming From Downstairs.

We Both Went Downstairs To Check It Out, And To Our Surprise, (Y/N) Was At The Kitchen Table, On The Laptop.
"Morning (Y/N)," Yugi Spoke As Sweetly As He Could, Hoping She'll Be Calmer Once She Hears His Voice.
"Huh? Wha? Oh, Morning," She Responded As She Only Slightly Turned Her Head, Not Enough To See Her Face Though.
Yugi Smiled Softly Then Made Breakfast For The Both Of Them; It Felt Like I Was Watching A Movie With An Awkward Beginning, It Was Very Torturous.

Yugi Made (F/F) For Breakfast And Set The One Plate Close To (Y/N).
He Proceeded To Sit Across From Her And Began To Eat, Being Very Non-Messy With His Food, Unlike Tristan And Joey.
Yugi Doesn't Normally Brush His Teeth Until After Breakfast Because He Thinks It'll Make His Breath Smell Really Bad Otherwise, Which I Suppose He Has A Good Point.
I Noticed Something Odd Though; (Y/N) Wasn't Eating With Yugi Like She Normally Would, Her Attention Stayed Glued To The Computer.

I Then Looked Over At Yugi And Yugi Knew Exactly What I Was Thinking, It's Like Our Souls Are In The Same Body.
Wait-

"Hey, So Um- (Y/N), How Much Sleep Did You Get Last Night?" He Asked With A Little Concern In His Voice As He Looked Up From His Food.
"Oh, Umm...Sleep...Sleep No- I Mean, I Slept None- I Slept Not At All," (Y/N) Said, Correcting Herself Multiple Times.
"What?! Why???" Yugi Asked With A Lot More Concern In His Voice, Becoming Just As Worried As I Was.
"I Have Work To Do And This World Has Expectatmens...EX PEC TAT IONS. But Look At Me, I'm Fine, Now Go Back To Eating Your Breakfast," She Said As She Kept Her Focus On The Laptop.
Yugi Noticed How Concerned I Looked And Let Me Take Control For Now, Knowing How I May Freak Out If This Continues On For Much Longer.

I Sighed And Stood Up Rather Quickly, Walking Towards (Y/N) With Determination.
Once I Reached Her Spot At The Table, I Slammed My Hand Down Near The Laptop And She Looked Up At Me.
You Could Tell That In Her Eyes She Was Basically Begging For Sleep, But She Wasn't Allowing Herself To Sleep As She Let Her Hobbies Cloud Her Logical Thought Process.
"Bed, Now," I Spoke Sternly As I Looked Her Directly In The Eyes.

"No! I Can't Sweep- Weep- SLEEP Right Now, I Still Have Stories I Need To Finish, Art I Need To Work On, Edits That Need Readjustments, Music Won't Write Itself You Know, YouTube Videos To- HEY!" As She Was Talking, I Rolled My Eyes And Went Behind Her, Then, Picked Her Up, Which Cut Her Off.
"Put Me Down Yugi! I Still Have Work I Need To Finish!" She Shouted As She Began To Kick Her Legs Around, Thinking That It May Cause An Imbalance, But To No Avail.
I Closed Her Laptop With My Elbow, Then, As I Headed Upstairs I Said, "It's Atem, And No, You Need To Sleep, Now."
"Put Me Down! I Also Have Friends I Need To Respond To, And Homework! I Mean!- Homework To Work On!" (Y/N) Is Still As Stubborn As Ever, But I'm Even More So; She Cannot Win.

I Carried Her Into Yugi's Room And Once I Came Over To The Bed, I Knew That If I Set Her Down Alone There Was No Way She Was Going To Stay In His Bed, So I Laid Down With Her And Held Her Close To Me.
"You're Sleeping, Got It?" I Spoke As She Slowly Stopped Struggling.
I Looked Down At Her And I Could See Her Blushing Deeply Because Of How Close I Was Keeping Her.
"Besides, Wouldn't This Be Better Than Working?" I Asked Softly, Snuggling Close To Her.
She Slightly Nodded And She Looked Up At Me Before Softly Responding, "Only If You Sleep Too."

I Was A Bit Caught Off Guard By What She Requested, I Didn't Expect Her To Wish For That Of All Things.
"You're A Spirit In The Puzzle So I'd Assume You Don't Sleep, Like- At All," She Added As She Looked At Me With Her Tired Eyes That Were Leaking A Bit, Practically Begging Me To Fall Asleep With Her.
I Gently Wiped Her Eyes With My Finger And Said, "Alright, Fine, I'll Stay Here And Rest With You."

I Then Moved The Puzzle So We Could Both Not Only Be Closer, But Also Much More Comfortable, Causing Me To Snuggle Closer To Her.
"Goodnight, Atem," She Spoke Sleepily As She Cuddled Up To My Chest.
I Felt A Faint Blush Come Across My Face As I Looked At Her.
I Couldn't Help But Smile Softly In Response Before Saying, "Goodnight, (Y/N)"
We Both Fell Asleep In Each Others Embrace, Refusing To Inch Away From The Other.

{YOUR POV}

I Woke Up Around Four PM, Still In Atem's Comfy Embrace.
He Was Resting Peacefully Now, So I Thought I'd Take This Opportunity To Sneak Out Of Bed To Start Working Again, But As I Was Trying To Get Up, He Tightened His Grip Around Me.
"I Know You're Still Tired, You're Not Fooling Me," He Softly Spoke As He Opened His Eyes A Bit, Giving Me A Look To Show That He Meant Business, But I Will Not Stand For This.

I Tried To Break Free From His Embrace Again, But He Even Wrapped His Legs Around Mine.
"Sleep," He Said As His Grip Around Me Tightened A Bit And He Pulled Me In Very Close, Refusing To Let Go.
I Wanted To Get Up And Continue My Work, But I Sighed, Expressing My Defeat.

"Okay, You Win," I Softly Spoke As I Snuggled Against Him Once Again, Resting My Head On His Chest And Putting My Hands Gently On Him As I Slowly Fell Back Asleep.

(Hi! Sorry This Is So Short, I Tried To Make It A Long One Shot, But My Mind Could Only Come Up With A Short, Yet, Adorable One :3 Well, At Least It's Adorable In My Head 😂 I Hope You Guys Somewhat Like It Regardless Of It Being So Short ^-^)