The Realisation

As they fell asleep the pair were opposite sides of the bed and the duvet was equally shared...

When Jack awoke he was surprised at how refreshed he felt. It was the best sleep he'd had in quite awhile. But then he realised how warm he felt. He opened his eyes to see that he'd shifted over to Joe's side of the bed and his arm was round the older man. Carefully, he removed his arm and shuffled back to his side before turning away from Joe. It's fine, he thought, people move in their sleep. But he couldn't help thinking about how difficult it was to leave Joe. How comfortable it had been...

Joe woke up a short while later, also feeling refreshed but not knowing what position him and Jack had been in, and showered as he'd planned the day before. They were ready for another day of skiing!

They day was quite similar to they previous day in terms of they skied they ate they skied they ate. None of the four boys ever stopped laughing they were having the best time. Then bed was also similar Jack showered whilst Joe got into bed and then Jack joined him... (I know, I know but I didn't know what to write for during the day. Sorry..)

Joe was already asleep when Jack slipped in beside him and Jack couldn't help thinking how peaceful the smaller man looked. He felt a sudden urge to snuggle up close to Joe but he pushed that thought out of his head and did everything he could to ignore what he wanted and it worked. Or so he had thought..

The next morning Joe woke up first and found the room to be quite dark for what time he thought it was. It wasn't dark though, as Joe soon realised, he had his head up against Jack's chest. As a result, it was Joe's turn to cautiously remove himself from the position before he got up to shower. The water rushed over him but he couldn't shake the feeling of comfort from waking up so close to Jack.

Jack woke up shortly after and found himself slightly disappointed that Joe had already got up but once again shook the thought from his mind and got ready for another day of skiing!

That day, when the boys got together for lunch Joe found himself next to Josh with Jack and Caspar opposite him. For some reason, this got to Joe. He wanted Jack to be next to him and throughout the meal he got more and more jealous of Caspar..

"Joe?"
"Joe?"
"Mate?"
"Helloooo?" Joe's three mates called awakening Joe from this thoughts.

"You ok?" Caspar's voiced spoke. But it felt wrong to Joe it should have been Jack that asked Joe if he was alright. It should be Jack who was sat next time not Josh. This scared Joe, he couldn't, shouldn't be thinking these things. They were just friends.. Even so, Joe couldn't help it.
"No I'm not Caspar! You're in the wrong seat!"
"W-what?" Caspar asked, highly confused. "Did you want me to swap with Josh or something?"
"No!" Joe snapped before realising how stupid he was being. "Sorry.. I'm fine just being stupid haha"
The other men knew to drop it but Jack was confused. He didn't know if he felt hurt, jealousy or hope. To be honest, he didn't even know what he was hoping for..

Despite Joe's strange outburst, the day continued and much more skiing was done before the boys headed up to their rooms for their final night. Joe was worried about waking up close to Jack again because he knew he'd find it difficult to move away again if he did and that scared him. So, he lay as far away from Jack as he physically could and slowly closed his eyes...

When the sun rose and began to stream into the room, both men woke almost at the same time. Neither could move without the other one knowing. They both were aware the other was awake but neither knew what to do.. Joe's face was buried in Jack's chest. Jack's arms were around Joe as if he'd just pulled him close. Their legs were tangled together. Jack was scared. He knew he had to move but he didn't want to as that would almost certainly lead to a conversation he didn't want to have. Plus, he liked the position they were in.. But Jack knew he had to see sense so he carefully removed himself from Joe and got off the bed. He looked over at Joe who had now sat up and was running his hands through his hair..

"Jack.. I'm sorry.."
"Huh? What for?
"Yesterday.. I woke up close to you and I just left because I didn't want you to know.." Jack let out a tiny, nervous laugh in response
"I did the same thing the day before.."
"Oh"
"Yeah.."
"Jack..?"
"Yeah, mate?"
"I think I like you as more than a friend"

A smile spread across Jack's face but it didn't last long. Everything was jumbled in his brain and he couldn't cope. He never replied to Joe he simply picked up some clothes and his phone and headed towards the bathroom. There he got dressed before exiting simply in order to leave the hotel room to go and clear his head. Not realising how much he'd regret this decision later..

Meanwhile, Joe had his head in his hands and a single tear ran down his cheek. He didn't think he'd ever felt so hurt in his life.
How was he going to be able to face Jack? Joe decided the best thing would to just forget about it and try and move on. So that's what he tried to do he got ready and headed down for breakfast. When he arrived at the table, which Josh and Caspar had claimed, Jack was already there. He gave him a small nod before he sat down next to Caspar and began to silently read the menu.

For the rest of the day in vlogs and around their mates the pair kept their cheerful personas as best they could. But when left alone together an awkward silence would fill the room. At least it was their last day, Joe had thought. Then they were going back home and everything could go back to normal...

A/n Hope you like it! What will happen next? Will Joe and Jack get together or will every end in disaster?

Love Mel xx