Chapter 1

I immediately hurried on preparing for school and just took a bite of my breakfast, I'm gonna be late for school. Holy shit.

"Kai, that's not enough, eat some more", mom being concerned as she always was. In which I insisted since I'm going to be really late. I immediately grabbed my things and went straight to the door. I walked straight to school. Falling petals of cherry blossoms crowded the streets, wow it's that time of the year again. I tried to pick up a single petal and laid it in my hand.

"You can do this Kai, I know you can."I closed my eyes as I try to remain positive about a lot of things. I hurried so I can come to my class prepared and just in time since the bell rang signaling us that the class is going to start.

The moment as the first period was over, I headed to the rooftop trying to process some things and to be able to eat my lunch since I was an introvert and prefer being alone at most times. It is my 3rd year in highschool and I'm still not able to make friends. I was able to meet a lot of acquaintances but none of them were able to last long enough to be my friends due to my introverted personality. Which is quite sad, but at least I'm not able to get involved to most dramas the students create.

I heard the door of the rooftop suddenly open. Great, I'm not alone.

I continued sketching on my journal when suddenly,"Well, well, well what do we have here. A girl all by herself", that just immediately caused me to have anxiety since they're a group of guys here in my school that knows nothing more but to bully students that fit their interest. I don't know what to do since my anxiety is getting a hold of me, I couldn't think clearly. I was sweating and shaking like crazy, like a puppy cornered and was to frightened to fight back. The guys slowly went on me, now that's just make my anxiety even worse.

"Hey there pretty, how come we never notice you all along?", one of them said to me and grinned cockily, now that's just disgusting. I was breathing heavily and I can feel myself close to crying.

"Lay a finger on her and you're dead."

A familiar guy's voice. That made them shift their attention to the guy behind them instead me. That guy appeared out of nowhere and is trying to fight those guys that were about to do shit on me for doing nothing on them.

"Then who are you to stop us?"

Before the guy could even speak, he immediately land a punch on the face of the cocky guy who started it all. That made them all try to punch on him and tried their best to defeat him. Unluckily, he was able to dodge those punches that he was receiving. I sat on the corner trying to do some deep breathing techniques to make sure I was able to stop my anxiety. I hate the sight that I'm seeing but I was not capable enough to stop them. Little did I knew that I was already crying, I thought my anxiety has stopped but it wasn't. Until I realized, that they stopped fighting since the cocky guys were finally defeated, had inflicted bruises, and were crying their balls out after the multiple punches that they received from him.

"IF I SEE YOU DO THAT AGAIN, EVEN TO OTHER PEOPLE, I WOULD NOT THINK TWICE OF KILLING ALL OF YOU!", he spat as he angrily stepped on one of the guy's stomach that made the guy yelp in pain. With that, the guys stood up weakly and they immediately ran away for their lives.

"Shhh.. shhh.. it's okay", I then realized that the guy that saved me, hugged me then rubbed my back to make sure that it is all safe now.

"T..T...Thank youu.." I hugged him tight and was able to cry for more. How ironic, he hugged me to stop crying but instead, I cried for more. Kai why are such a baka? I stopped crying, he really did help me to relax.

"What are you doing all alone in this place?" he suddenly open up displaying a worried and concerned expression in his eyes.

"I was very introverted, I enjoy being alone that is away from the drama of other people. Fake people make me sick"

"Well, what do we have here. We're very similar on that"

"How come?"

"I don't know. I used to be with a lot of people but they often drain me out. I don't know. Being with yourself I guess is more than enough. Plus, I hate hanging out with people unless they're very close to me. I don't enjoy those thing called "friends" in which you just met them somewhere and you never had a conversation for long periods to maintain that friendship. I mean seriously why do you call each other as friends when you're efforts to maintain is not enough?"

Well he was right about that perspective since it is very similar to mine. We talked a lot about random things and realized we had a lot of similarities while we're enjoying the view at the rooftop. I forgot the last time I was this happy at having a long and deep conversation with someone.

"By the way, I'm Toru Yamashita", he offered his hand for me to shake.

"Yeah, I already knew you", but I still shook his hand. I don't want for him to assume I was snobbish or disrespectful.

"Nani? I rarely see you in the hallways since you're a year younger if I'm right? And lastly, we never even talk not even once. Don't tell me you're a..."

"It's not like that!" I slapped his arm and started laughing like crazy.

"Ittai! What was that for?" he displayed a puppy like expression like he was going to be killed or something. Hahahaha

"Nah, you're just one of the talkabouts in this school, like everyone goes head over heels whenever they see you. It's like some god just walked in the hallway. Even my classmates talk about you during breaks."

"Yeah, those crazy girls", he displayed a disgusted expression.

"What's with the expression?"

"Forget that, haha. Btw your name?"

"Kai Leison"

"A japanese citizen?"

"Nope, half japanese, half american", that just displayed an "O" expression on Toru's face like it's some unusual thing.

The bell rang. Signaling that the lunch break is over and time for the second period. I was heading to my class when I noticed that he was with me. Trying to assure that I was safe and sound as I head to my classroom. As we walk to the hallways, I couldn't help but be so conscious since the students were all looking at us. Like there were daggers at every time they stare at us. Even these girls scare me, like I'm about to receive my death penalty for being with the guy that they like. Please, get me out of here...

"Just ignore them and keep going", Toru whispered.

"Thank you again" I whispered the moment that I entered my classroom.

He just saluted at me and smiled. Despite his dark demeanor, I never knew he was a good person, I really thought that he's also a bad guy, but that's just due to his straight face. I hope this wouldn't be the last time that we could see each other. Lastly, I hope I won't get killed by his fangirls.

A/N:

Hello! This happens to be my first fanfic, the updates won't be that fast since I had to look for inspirations to continue each chapter. I hope you could join me in this story's journey.

I really wanted to write this story eversince the beginning of 2017, but unable to do so since I was very insecure at the fact that it may not go well. But thanks to my bff, for pushing me to write this despite being a fangirl from a different band ilysm!!

Lastly, thanks to ONE OK ROCK and #OORAmbitionstourmnl for keeping my life inspired all the time!

Happy reading! 😘😘😘