Danger

Turns out that Bella is really nice, once you get to know her.  She is just a quiet girl.  After setting aside my initial anger of the situation, I can see how perfect she is for Edward.  She is the only girl who he can't get inside her head.

The very small pack of two on the reservation has been helping my Pride and me with the disappearances.  My boys and I are the mediators between the vampires and the wolves.  Seeing as how the two groups are natural enemies, it can be difficult when there are group discussions.  The wolves, however, focus on keeping La Push safe.

"I know that you are mainly worried about the reservation, Sam, but they are getting closer.  I just want you two to be on the lookout.  Who knows when they will cross over the border."  I looked at Sam and Jared gravely, hoping to get across the importance of the situation.

"We know, Evy.  We are keeping an eye out.  We'll let you know if there is anything,"  Sam replied seriously.

A tense silence settled over all of us.  My boys, for once, were silent, equally worried about the people of Forks as I was.  

The shrill sound of my cell pulled us out of our worried thoughts.  I quickly pulled it out of my pocket to see that Alice was calling me.

"What's wrong?"  I immediately asked.  The Cullens were supposed to be playing baseball with Bella right now.  I knew that they wouldn't call unless there was an emergency.

"The vampires causing the problems we've been having are now after Bella," Alice's soft voice was clearly distressed.  I could tell that my boys and the wolves were listening in by the sharp looks on their faces.

"Okay, we'll be right over."  I hung up the phone and gave my Pride a pointed look.  Asher nodded and they all headed out.

"Stay on high alert.  There's no telling what they will do," I barked at Sam on my way out the door.

"They won't get past us," Jared replied determinedly.

Things were in total chaos as I entered the Cullen's garage.  Jasper was loading up his and Alice's car while Edward was trying to get Esme and Rosalie to put on Bella's jackets.  Esme agreed instantly, but Rosalie was less accepting.

"Why, what's she to me?"  She sneered.

"Rosalie," I snapped getting her attention, "you will put on that jacket to protect Bella because she is with Edward and a part of your family.  We protect our family whether you like it or not."

Edward gave me a grateful look as Rosalie rolled her eyes and put the jacket on.

"Asher, you're with me and the hunting party.  Miles and Luke, you're with Alice, Jasper, and Bella going south.  Liam, Ethan, Noah, and Jackson, you stay here with Esme.  Protect the people of this town and La Push."  I commanded.  "And stay safe.  All of you.  I don't plan on losing anyone tonight."

"Yes, Alpha," they replied and got to work.

Miles and Luke went over to Jasper to help him load up the rest of the stuff going with them.  Liam, Ethan, Noah, and Jackson left with Esme to patrol the town.  Asher was with me out back while we waited for the rest of the hunting party.  Soon Rosalie, Carlisle, and Emmett were waiting with us.  I heard the squeal of Jasper's tires before Edward stormed out to us.

"We need to split up.  Cover more ground.  Rosalie, rub the trees as you pass to lead the son of a gun away from the town.  Esme and my boys have the woman covered.  Asher and I will follow Bella to make sure they are clear.  Good luck, all of you." I looked sternly at each one of them before nodding at Asher and shifting.

Asher and I stayed with the getaway party as long as we could.  Nobody followed us, as far as we could tell. 

Alpha, the tracker's gone.  Edward is heading to get Bella and go into hiding.  The rest are going to stay and hunt, Noah said.

Asher and I shifted back so we could call them.

"We should stay here.  They won't need us in Pheonix.  The woman is still in the area.  We need to keep everyone safe here."  Asher was right, of course.  We were of more use here in Forks.

"Noah, stay there and keep looking for the woman.  Who knows where she is and what she'll do.  We'll be there in a little bit."  Noah gave us confirmation and I hung up.

Asher and I shifted back and started back toward home.

This girl is starting to be more work than I originally thought she would be, I said to Asher as we were running.

I couldn't agree with you more, Asher sighed back.

________________________________________________________________________________

This is a totally shameless self-promotion: go follow my Tumblr account where I post about little things that pop into my head (mostly about Voltron and little story ideas that I come up with).  My user is bookdragon9113.  You can also request fics if you want to.  Thanks!