Chapter 22 - First date

Baekhyun's POV

It was D-Day.

The day I have my first date.

FIRST DATE.

Those two words scared me. Our relationship isn't official and announced to the whole world. It was like two famous idols dating each other. The public eye is a scary thing.

I quickly changed into my casual outing clothes and did my hair. I looked at myself in mirror and gave myself a confident nod as I wore my black cap.

I sat on the couch in the living, scrolling through instagram. She's taking too long. I threw my head back in exasperation. I look at my watch, 20 minutes has passed since I sat down.

Taeyeon' POV

My body was feeling all jittery, butterflies in my stomach was worsening as time passed by. It took me sometime to find my favourite shirt and pants among the others and I wore it with a black cap. I forgo the makeup, don't want to grab people's attention. The cap can just disguise as a matching item, but that's it.

I look at the clock, freaking half an hour has passed. We were supposed to meet in a minute. I grabbed my belongings and sprinted out of my room, earning a few "Please don't run!" from a few maids. I ignored them and on the last step, I breathed in a deep breathe, filling my lungs with the air it needed. I walked towards him and sat beside him. He was snoozing with his head on the headrest. I giggled as I flicked his head, not hardly but enough to inflict a teeny bit of pain.

"Let's go."

"Finally you're done."

"What!? I took only half an hour to dress."

"But an hour in the bathroom?"

"I'm a girl. My hair's long and need time to dry."

"Whatever you say, girl."

He stood up and headed to the door where the Butler opened wide for him. I stood up and ran towards the door, catching up with him. We both wore our shoes and walked out the house.

No one's POV

They walked side-by-side, being cautious of their surroundings as they had a conversation with one another, so the butler who was looking out at them from the gate could not notice something suspicious. They continued their talk and when they made the turn and out of the butler's sight, they giggled and held each other's hands as they ran to the train station.

As they neared the station, Taeyeon asked where they would go. "Hmm... Are you hungry? 'Cause I am." Baekhyun smiled at her. Taeyeon smiled back and shouted "Call!"

They entered a small roadside shop that served really good kimchi fried rice as a main dish, as claimed by Taeyeon.

They sat down at the back of the shop, a cosy corner. They took off their hats and when the owner came, she smiled at them and took their order.

"Two plates of kimchi fried rice, one bowl of japchae, two glasses of soda," Taeyeon then looked at Baekhyun and asked, "do you want tteokbokki?" Baekhyun just shrugged his shoulders and Taeyeon took it as a yes and proceeded to order a small bowl of the said dish.

Baekhyun didn't know that the amount she ordered was going to as much as what he was seeing on the table in front of him. He looked at her, while she looked at him in question.

"You... We.... Going to eat this much?" Baekhyun uncertainly asked as he gulped.

"Yea. Why? You have more than prepared in your meals at home before me and mom arrived. Why are you so shocked? Don't worry. If you can't finish then I will." She smiled before she started her meal.

A huge spoonful of kimchi fried rice went into her mouth and she made a sound of satisfaction. "What are waiting for? Start eating!"

Baekhyun scooped a mouthful of the dish and when he chewed, his eyes widened in surprise. It was different from the ones he had in restaurants. "Yah, this is daebak. Better than the ones in restaurants. Oh my why didn't I know about this place earlier?!"

"Heehee see I will never disappoint you in the choices I make." Taeyeon then ate some of the japchae and tteokbokki. They were having a great time until someone came up to them.

"Aren't you two the son and daughter of the two CEOs who recently married and merged their company?" The man spoke, causing Taeyeon to choke in surprise that someone recognised them. Their faces were not exactly revealed to the public.

"Y-yes. And how did you know us?" Baekhyun asked nervously as he gripped his spoon tightly.

"Ah, I'm a reporter from MBC. Nice to meet you. I see that you guys are not exactly having a sibling outing?" He had a sly tone in his voice as he eyed the two black caps. Baekhyun noticed, smiling as he gave a reply, "I'm sorry but as you can see, me and my sister are having a great time and you're interrupting us, would you mind giving us our private space? It'll be kindly appreciated, thank you."

Taeyeon dared not look at the reporter and continuously ate as if to prove his point that they wanted to eat in peace.

"Ah, I'm sorry for the interruption. Have a good day ahead. Please excuse me." The reporter placed a name card on the table before bowing and walked away. Baekhyun eyed the name card and proceeded to crumple it, throwing it in the nearest rubbish bin, shouting goal as it entered.

"How do you think he knew us? I don't think our faces have been revealed widely to the public." Taeyeon whispered.

"I don't know but I know he's a nasty person not to be messed with." He scowled.

"We have to be 100 times more careful now." Taeyeon sighed as she stuffed her mouth with more food. Baekhyun saw this as something cute and cooed at her, poking her cheeks.

"Yah! Stop it!" Taeyeon pouted. "Aigoo how can you be so cute!?" Taeyeon slapped his hand hard, causing Baekhyun to flinch in pain.

"That hurts!"

"Serves you right. Eat your food."

-----

Tada an update!