Kendan

It's not the future

that you are afraid of.

Its the fear of the

past repeating itself

that haunt you.

My parents had been excited when I returned to the pack with Leia by my side

My parents had been excited when I returned to the pack with Leia by my side. Her father hadn't been happy, but he knew what it was to have a mate. He wouldn't deprive us of that.

My mother had instantly recognized the girl she helped deliver. She was ecstatic, saying that she had always known there was something between the two of us besides just childhood friends.

We had been best friends as kids, not only from my Lycan pushing me to pursue her but because our mothers were best friends. Well, my mother was friends with everyone, but she holds certain people dearer to her heart than others.

"Why is Bexley not coming out of that damned room." Wilder snarled as he came into the kitchen where Olympia, Leia, Ellis, and I sat chatting idly.

Olympia looked down guilty, Bexley had only allowed her to come in. Even our parents were banished from her room, but even Olympia wasn't telling us what was wrong.

"Sorry guys," She feebly apologized, although she didn't seem sorry. She and Bexley have gotten on quite better than the twins had thought they would.

While I was worried for my sister, I knew better than to go around demanding answers like the twins were.

"Anyone want anything from the garage?" I changed the topic, taking in the different multitude of answers before departing from the kitchen.

Gathering the many wants, mainly coming from the twins, I piled it back in my arms before walking into the foyer to make my way back to the kitchen. Only to see Bexley with her hand on the handle.

Her usual leather jacket was on, curly hair pulled up into a bun as her thick, round glasses were perched on her red nose. While I could pick up on the subtle things knowing she was upset, I knew if anyone looked at her they would think she was fine.

Opening to mouth, I went to say something for her to just shake her head and leave through the front door. Closing my mouth, I rolled my lips in my mouth walking back into the kitchen, knowing our little sister needed time to deal with whatever she was going through.

Little did I know I should have stopped her from stepping a foot from this house.

-

The twins and Olympia departed from us and Leia and I found ourselves in my room. I stayed quiet, watching her look around the room and take her time.

Her fingers dusted the clean shelves, running her hand along the white bedspread. I stilled as she opened her mouth.

"Why is it all so white?" She turned her head toward me, questions in her gaze.