Kendan

You'll be too much woman

for every man

before you meet your soul mate.

Paperwork was grueling when all I wanted to do was to spend time with my family before Bexley leaves in the morning

Paperwork was grueling when all I wanted to do was to spend time with my family before Bexley leaves in the morning. I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that the twins kept something that big from me.

Blowing out a breath from my mouth I shoved the papers aside frustrated.

A soft knock rang out into the door, taking a moment I breathed in the scent of Leias' intoxicating smell. My Lycan calmed slightly as I called her in.

"Come out here, spend time with Bexley." As much as Leia felt uneasy with my younger sister she knew how important it felt to me and my beast.

Beckoning her forward, she sat on my lap wrapping her arms around my neck, laying her head on my shoulder. The both of us breathed in our comforting scents. "Thank you." I lightly kissed her jaw.

"Cmon." She whispered, pulling the both of us out into the tension-filled house.

Link was busy keeping my sister occupied, and when he couldn't the twins and Olympia would happily fill in. As much as I wish it could be Leia and I with her, I knew that some beasts just didn't get along even if their humans had nothing against each other.

And Leia's beast felt threatened as a Luna with Bexley's Alpha blood coursing through her veins, even if she would never act on it in the pack. Somethings we couldn't make our Lycans understand.

Walking with Leia to my parents, I told the three of them I would be back; walking towards my sister with our youngest siblings hanging onto her. I don't know what would happen to those two when she left.

Her smile was sad as her eyes met my own, she hadn't cried, and I knew she wouldn't until she was alone. "Your mate doesn't like me much," I caught the sad tone in her voice. She had always longed to be close with our mates.

"It's her beast." I shook my head sighing. "You know how it can be." I sighed wearily, my heart weighs heavy in my chest.

"It's okay, big brother. Soon I'll be out of your hair, and what did you always call it?" She pretended to think. "That I would give my mate hell?" She teased lightly, but the hurt resounding in her eyes made me feel bad for all the times I teased her. "I think I've already given him more than enough hell." She laughed, chocking on a sob before clearing her throat.

"Bex," My beast whined, a whimper sliding from my throat.

"Don't worry Ken, I'll be home before you know it." She wrapped me in a hug, tightly holding onto me before letting me go, giving me a fake smile and taking Emerson and Maverick to the kitchen to sneak some sweets before dinner.