Bexley

Sometimes when you're in a dark place,

you think you've been buried

but you've been planted.

My skin felt like it was constantly crawling

My beast begged to come out, to comb the woods where out mate was. But I knew where that would end for us, in a position that would end up with us physically and emotionally hurt.

And I wasn't willing to put myself in that situation.

I had fooled myself, this place was worse than it seemed. The Alpha was constantly gone, his scent barely infiltrating my nose when he would come in extremely late at night and leave just a few hours later. I was losing myself when I had promised I wouldn't.

Standing up, I went to shrug on my jacket. But stopped short when I realized Emerson had it. My family hadn't contacted me. I knew they would be busy, but the irrational a part of me felt slightly irritated.

They were my family. But Lycans know not to become attached to the females in their families, after all, once their mate is found then they're whisked away to their mates' pack.

Its easier to live with that when you weren't close to them in the first place. But it didn't make sense, I was close to everyone in my family.

Brushing off the haunting thoughts, I changed into work out clothes, the one thing I've been doing while cooped up in this house. Pack members were excited to see me, piecing together themselves what they think happened, who I am. But I couldn't get close to them, my beast would become attached and then I would struggle with leaving when the Alpha makes me go.

The black sports bra was tight on my body, the color standing out, along with my ink adorning my tanned body. The two wolf and nature-inspired sleeves stood out with the detail adorning them. The black leggings covered my lower half, the tip of my hip tattoo sticking out, the snakehead slithering around the red flowers.

The single line going down my spine had to be my favorite though, the simplicity standing out in my mind.

Leaving my feet bare, I felt the room, going to the gym on the first floor, passing by the kitchen on my way, where Nan, the old woman I first met, stood baking.

"Hello dearie," She grinned as she turned to me, somehow hearing my soft steps.

Damn, I'm still trying to figure out if that smile was creepy or not.

"Hello," I kept my voice quiet, not wanting to draw any more attention to me as her piercing blue eyes narrowed at me.

"What are you supposed to call me dearie?" She propped a hand on her hip.

"Nan," I sighed out, but the painful clench in my heart knew I secretly liked this old lady. I wish I had one of my own back at Callisto, another family member who would remember to call.