Chapter 7

What do I know of man's destiny? I could tell you more about radishes. - Sam Beckett. 

--
2 Weeks Later.

 I slumped down in my new comfortable spiny chair in the BAU offices as I flicked through the pages of the report I still had to finish on the Texas killings, when Hotch came out of his office. "Conference room in 5," He said walking and I groaned knowing that there was a new case and I'm guessing everyone else did too as they all stood up and got ready.

I grabbed my to go bag and started headed up when I heard Rossi call me, "Hey Grace!" he shouted and I stopped halfway to the conference room so he could catch up with me. 

"Hey Rossi, what's up?" I asked, as I pulled my bag up further on my shoulder. I have way to much in my to go bag which may suggest on why it is so heavy. Rossi was now my father that I never had when I was growing up, so I cherished the fact that he acted as one.

"How are you feeling, have you gotten any sleep? He asked, and I knew what he was meaning. He was the only one to find out about what really happened to Hali as he knew a Boston PD officer and he told him. So he knew about all the troubles I went through to get to sleep at night, and why I want to catch the Boston Reaper so badly.

"I'm getting there, the sleep not as much." I stated as I sent him a slumped smile and he just groaned at my incompetence. As soon as I have a nightmare I refuse to go back to sleep and he knows that as we once shared a room on a case that we had only a week ago. 

"Grace," He gave me his best authoritive voice, in which it does always work on me and I put my hands up in surrender.

"Okay, Okay I'm sorry." I said as we got into the conference room.
"I thought I said 5, not 10." Said Hotch and I glared at Rossi, who was smirking at Hotch.
"Sorry Aaron, just Grace kept me behind." He said and I chocked on a bit of coffee, that Morgan had set out for me before replying to that statement.
"Me!? It was more like you," I stated as I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at Rossi who was still smirking like he had gotten away with it as I saw the team give smiles and chuckles at our pathetic argument.

"Okay, We don't need to know who it was that made each other late. Just don't do it again," Said Hotch and we both nodded as I sent him one more glare and looked on the board. 

"Okay my beautiful sculpted angels you are heading off to Battle Creek Michigan, where three bodies have turned up in the past week." She said and I looked surprised.

"Short cooling of span," I said and she nodded.

"Rachel Gilles, 25 year old single mum, Jamie Steven's, 26 year old veteran of the Iraq war and Elizabeth foster 22 year old college student." Said Garcia as she brings up the photos of the victims, They all looked strikingly similar apart from the fact that one of them was male. 

"All shot to death in their homes," Said Garcia and I winced.

"The one place they are supposed to feel safe." I said.
"Wheels up in 30," Said Hotch standing up and collecting his stuff, everyone else doing the same. We needed to get their fast or Battle Creek, Michigan were going to have a serial killer that would not stop killing.