Chapter 41

The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love - Hubert H

The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love - Hubert H. Humphrey

--

We walked down the cemetery with Hayley's coffin in our hands, I was at the back and looking away from the rest of the team. I was distant from the rest of the team and so was Hotch, we both knew how hard it was loosing someone and so did the rest of the team but we took it the hardest when Hayley died. 

Hotch had stepped down as unit chief and let Morgan take over as acting unit chief, which I was proud of but at this moment in time I couldn't show it. I'm pitting Hayley and what she had to go through in her final hours. We placed her down on the podium as the priest started to say his words and I held Les and Maddie close to me, I saw tears in their eyes and bent down to wipe them away. "She's in a better place now, I promise." I whispered to them both and they nodded and I stood up and looked back to see that Hotch was now up on stage talking about the first time they met. 

I felt tears pile up in my eyes but I refused to let them fall and I pushed them back as Strauss noticed me standing next to my cousins, she walked over to me. "Agent Reid, Nice to see you again." She said looking at the floor and I nodded silently as she manoeuvred back to her original standing place. 

I felt more nerves come up and I felt like I was going to puke so I told the two to go stand next to Derek, I was now 7 weeks into my pregnancy and I still haven't told Derek that I'm pregnant. I ran to a bathroom and was sick, Blood came up causing me to panic. 

I heard crying so I kept my gasp in, "I'm so sorry Hayley, that I didn't get the address fast enough," Garcia whispered. Oh Garcia, She's blaming it on herself. I finally heard the door open and I rested my head against the wall, breathing a heavy breath in.

"Okay, Calm down." I said to myself as I walked out of the stall and looked at myself in the mirror. I pushed one of my hands through my hair before looking down at my shaking hands, I heard the door open and JJ walked in and placed her hand on mine. 

"You okay? You've been in here a long time." She said and I silently nodded. She twisted her face up but didn't ask anymore questions, knowing I wouldn't answer them. I mentally thanked her before she dragged me back out into the cemetery. 

"How's the babies?" She asked looking down at my stomach and I looked over at her.

"They're healthy, apparently to the doctor." I said and she smiled.

"I better be one of their godmothers." She said sternly and I tried not to giggle at her before nodding. 

"Hey Girls," Said Derek as he came up behind us, flinging his arm effortlessly over my shoulder and pulling me close to his body. His strong aftershave, hitting my nostrils and he kissed my hairline. 

"How's my favourite girl?" He asked, a long strand of brown-blonde hair fell in front of my face and I blushed, looking to find JJ and saw that she was gone. Sneaky bitch. 

"I'm not okay, I feel so bad for Hotch. You know because I know what it feels like to loose someone to Foyet and his killing spree," I whispered, nudging my forehead into the nape of his neck.  

"I know, I think everyone feels bad for him you know." He said and I spotted Hotch a little further away. I looked up at Derek and he nodded, I ran to Hotch and wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug, causing him to tense before hugging me back.

"I'm so sorry Hotch," I whispered through a sob as I leaned down to look at Jack. "Hey kid, Your going to stay strong right. Your dad, he's a hero." I said, tears streaming down my eyes.

"Don't cry," He whispered putting his hand on my face, and wiping a tear away. "Mommy said you were really nice when she met you, She said you were also a hero. Like my daddy." He said smiling, and this made more tears come down.

"Stay strong kid, Stay strong." I whispered as I put a kiss on his forehead. I felt a kick in my stomach and I placed my hand on it. "Hey, You want to know something cool." I said taking Jack's hand and placing it on my stomach and I bet he felt a kick cause he looked up at me with a confused look. Before a big smile replace it, I knew he knew what he felt. 

"Your having a baby," He said and I nodded. 

"Congrats Grace," Said Hotch and I looked up at him. 

"Twins," I whispered and he looked at me.

"Does Derek know?" He asked and I shook my head "You've got to tell him, Grace and soon." He said and I nodded.

"I'm going to tell him tomorrow," I said and a wild smirk spread across Hotch's lips making me raise my eyebrows at him.

"See you at the office," He said and I glared at him, What the hell is the BAU planning?