Chapter Two

The caramel haired girl stands behind the door, talking quietly to herself about her game plan, even glancing back on the night before to find out what had happened exactly to get her here.

Standing in the bathroom of Trevor Stines college house, ringing her long locks of hair into the sink so they would dry quicker.

"He's a nice guy, right? He seemed polite- and gallantry..." She murmurs, green eyes calculating her own reflection, "I mean, the boy ran into a wall trying to get a shirt for you without invading privacy so he can't be all that bad, right? And he walks you him with his little batman umbrella whenever it pouring on campus- he must've been sweet right?"

She takes a deep breath, draping her hair over the shoulder of the grey Nike sweatshirt that adorned her, hanging loosely over her petite shoulder, sleeves covering her hands, she takes a deep breath softly, twirling her hair around her fingertips.

She takes a deep breath, standing on her toes before opening the door with her finger tips, pulling it open to reveal Trevor pacing quietly like he had earlier, tugging his fingers through his hair.

He seems to stop immediately when he hears her footsteps, dropping his hands as the same blush creeps up his neck from earlier, crawling over the tips of his ears before he sends her a bashful smile.

"Hey," She says softly, green eyes big and doe like.

But Trevor can't find the words on the top of his tongue, refusing to let his gaze linger from her eyes- 

She wasn't a prize or an object for him to look at.

She had such a adorable personality with an innocent and sunny disposition attached.

"Is that sweatshirt too big?" He asks softly, "I think I have a smaller one if you'd like..."

She glances down at the far to baggy sweatshirt, only to glance back up and find that his sea blue gaze still resides where her eyes were moments ago, not moving to look at her body.

"A little, but it's perfect."

"Are you sure, I can-"

She nods softly, "I'm positive."

He sends her a gentle nod before shaking his head, as if clearing his daze, "I uh- I have some ibuprofen if you want it? If not that's cool too."

She suddenly becomes acutely aware of the pounding between her eyes and in the back of her head and- well really, it was everywhere.

"That would actually be great."

He nods softly, taking a few long strides towards his desk, pulling out a bottle of aspirin before handing it to her, grabbing a water bottle from package of them he'd stored under his bed.

"My head was killing too."

She sends him a soft smile, taking the medicine before chasing it with the cool water.

She hands back the bottle and he tucks it away before, handing her a paper bag.

"That's your dress from last night, your shoes are by the door downstairs."

He gently opens the door, holding it for her before following he out and flipping off the light behind them.

They both sit on the ground, tying their shoes before he stands, helping her up.

"Stella?"

She stops, turning around to see a familiar face standing with his shoulder pressed against the kitchen door frame, blonde locks falling over his blue eyes.