Chapter 2 - Realisation

To say Cara was pissed was an understatement. 

She'd been kidnapped, humiliated, insulted, imprisoned, and disregarded all in the span of the past twenty-four hours. She was furious, wanting nothing more than to escape the empty room which had become her prison cell. Despite fighting to stay away most of last night, the young girl finally caved and fell asleep a little past midnight; exhausted from the previous day. When the door finally creaked open the next morning, her only greeting was rustling chains as they dropped to the floor and a fresh set of clothes being hurled in her direction. Ripped jeans, a black acid washed shirt, and a pair of boxers. Lauren's outfit had changed too, the young woman now in a tight black dress and a black bomber jacket. 

Cara didn't have much time to take in the new clothes as the older girl began to speak, gesturing at the boxers in her hand. 

 "They're the only unused ones we have right now, if you don't like them we'll send someone to get you something else for tomorrow." Cara shrugged, and Lauren took the gesture as approval. 

"Get changed." 

The young blonde obliged, more than happy to change out of the old clothes. By the time Cara reemerged from the bathroom, the older girl had picked the heavy chain off the floor. Lauren eyed her briefly. The outfit was still slightly baggy, but they suited her, the shirt allowing a better view of her toned arms than the hoodie had. Lauren forced her thoughts back out of the gutter, holding the leash out expectantly. 

"You gotta be kidding me." The younger girl hissed, shooting a glare at her captor.

 Lauren merely shrugged. "We're going for a walk." 

Cara narrowed her eyes, glancing down at the thick chains before shaking her head. Her eyebrows raised as her gaze met those emerald eyes, a low growl leaving her mouth. 

"No fucking way."

"Unfortunately, you don't have a choice." A sickly sweet smile spread across Lauren's cheeks, motioning for the younger girl to come closer. 

Cara obliged, her desperation for fresh air overwhelming her shame by a landslide. Lauren stepped forward, her sweet scent filling Cara's sensitive nostrils. Her cold, pale hands brushed against the wolf's exposed neck as she fasted the chain, sending another shock through both girl's before Lauren rushed to move away. The weight on Cara's shoulders almost doubled the instant the vampire released the heavy metal, forcing her head forward. She was surprised the older girl hadn't laughed. Instead, Lauren's emerald eyes clouded with worry as she watched the young blonde adjust to the additional pressure, though she made no effort to help. 

"Lead the way." Cara was determined not to let her discomfort show, forcing her voice to remain steady despite the pain. 

Lauren merely nodded, ignoring her concern and guiding the wolf out of the room. The chain scraped across the floorboards noisily, soon drawing the attention of several guards. One of the men grabbed the hanging metal, tugging on it forcefully with an irritated glare. Cara winced, attempting to cover up the sound with a short growl, to no avail. Lauren shot another concerned glance her way before it morphed into an annoyed glare aimed at the guard, though she stayed quiet. 

"If you don't mind me asking, your highness, where-" 

The words had barely left his mouth before the raven-haired girl had him pinned against a nearby wall. Her pale fingers wrapped around his neck, her teeth bared and her face dangerously close to his. Her eyes had changed from their usual vivid green, her pupil now forming a slit down the centre of her striking crimson iris, black seemingly seeping into the blood red from the dark rim like a shadow. His fear spread throughout the house, forcing the young wolf to bury her nose in her sleeve at the horrid stench.