Chapter 01 A Normal Life

Kaira's POV

It was a Friday afternoon and I was walking home from my high school, my fake Ed Hardy messenger bag slag over my shoulders and my sketchbook clutched close to my chest, it was a long day at school but that was normal cause everyday of school was a day long for me. I saw my apartment complex was coming up so I didn't have long to go, after walking up the three flights of stairs I was home.

 I saw my apartment complex was coming up so I didn't have long to go, after walking up the three flights of stairs I was home

(Here's what Kaira's bag looks like)

I unlocked the door and placed my bag down next to the door, I closed and locked the front door before heading over to my bedroom to change out of my school uniform and into my normal casual clothes, which consistent of a lavender and white long sleeve v cut shirt, a lilac undershirt, light coloured jeans, my normal light grey sneakers and my white choker I always wore, it had my birthstone an amethyst placed in the center, I throw my uniform into the small washing basket before heading over to my bed where I was now currently sitting in my small bedroom in my apartment where I lived with a mother, tho she wasn't around much due to her job as a nurse.

I looked around my room seeing my posters ranging from old childhood poster of shows I loved to band posters, drawing and paintings I've done over the years, photos of my family and my old friends, a few shelves which held small figures, tiny statues and a few plush toys from my childhood, my old wooden desk and computer chair sitting in the conner of the room closest to my door which was covered by papers, drawing supplies and my laptop, my dresser/ vanity and tallboy standing the the left of the desk and lastly my bed which was placed next to the small window I had, the purple bed sheets and black and white fleece blanket made it look soft. This was the room I've had for as long as I could remember.

I sat on my bed after I had grabbed my laptop off from my desk, you see I was rewatching one of my all time favourite childhood TV shows for the fourth time on Youtube, said show was the French animated series called "Code Lyoko". I started up season 1 episode 03 which was called "Holiday In The Fog", I was about half way through the episode when my ringtone "A World Without Danger" starting to blast through the tiny speakers of the Iphone causing me to jump and nearly making me fall off bed. I grabbed my phone looking at the contact name releasing that it was my mum calling me,

Kaira - K Mum - M

M: Hi honey.

K: Hey mum, you need something?

M: No honey, I was just checking in that's all.

K: Oh well I'm fine, just rewatching Code Lyoko that's all.

M: Okay honey, I'll be home late tonight.

K: Kay love you mum.

M: Love you too honey.

*Beep*

Once the call ended I thought about getting some food before I started the episode back up, I walked out of my room and heading to the living/dinning room where the kitchen was. I opened the pantry and grabbed a bag of chips and a can of soda from the fridge, making sure that the fridge was shut I heading back to my room and started the episode back up.

Later That Night

I was sleeping sound in my bed when I heard what sounded like a piano, which was strange cause we don't have a piano or a electric keyboard in the apartment, I looked over to my digital clock to see it was close to 4:00 am. The music sounded so familiar but my tired brain couldn't figure it out, soon after I had woken up a bit more I relieved that the music was the piano version of the Code Lyoko theme song "A World Without Danger", I looked around trying to find where the music was coming from when I saw that my laptop was strangely open when I clearly remembered closing it before I had gone to bed.

I slowly got out of my bed, holding my old black cat doll I'll had ever since I was little and walked over to my laptop to see that it was opened to a Youtube page with the song playing, I thought it was strange and normally I would have just close the page and my laptop then go straight to bed but since I had started watching horror narrations and reading no-sleep stories I was a little freaked out that this was happening to me.

When the song had finished I thought that was it, the strangeness was done so I closed the page and laptop, I turned around hoping that I could get some more sleep before I had to get up later but oh boy I was wrong. A soft click made me turn around to see a bright flash of light causing me to shield my eyes with my arms, when I moved my arms away to see I was floating in some kind of digital field which kind of reminded me of 'The Matrix', I looked down to see I wasn't in my blue and white striped shirt and matching sleep pants but was in my normal outfit, a gentle feminine voice came from behind me making turn around to see a tall woman with golden blonde hair wearing all white was standing in front of me with a sweet smile on her face, something told me that I could trust her.

"Hello young one" she spoke, her voice was gentle

"Who are you?, Where are we? And why are we here" I asked very confused about all this

"You can call me Aura and we are in a place you are very familiar with" she said smiling before we started to float down and the digital field started to disappear being replaced by the arena or the transport area in Carthage (Sector 5),

"What the hell, why are we here Aura?" I asked looking around still very much confused,

"That will be revealed at the correct time young one but now it's time to sleep and when you awake be ready for something new" she said before placing her left hand on my forehead, my eyes started to feel heavy and before I know it I fell asleep.

End of Chapter

____________________________________________________________

Word Count 1282

Hey ghouls so after I had started rewatching Code Lyoko I had an idea of writing something and came up with this. Before I started writing this I looked around and found that their wasn't that many Code Lyoko stories, well not as many as there is other fandoms.

A little fun fact about Kaira her full name means Unique Reality Soul, I was try to be smart when naming her and looked up different names that could be relate to the story a little. Also I based some parts of Kaira on myself so if she seems a little strange that's why.

I will try and keep the story in line with the story's timeline but I will be changing a few thing here and there.

Hopefully I can get the next chapter out soon.

Well till next time I've been The Queen of the Underworld

See you ghouls in the next life Phantom out ^w^