Chapter Seven

I woke up in my room, I didn't know how long I was out cold but, it felt like years.
I placed a hand on my shoulder that was now stitched up and bandaged, I swung my legs until they had hit the cold floor.

I sighed as I stood up and clenched my teeth from the awful pain.

The door of my bedroom swung open and Easton and Joe Jr ran into the room.
And they were all up on me.

"Ow," I hissed at Easton who accidentally slapped his hand on to my shoulder, "chill out, I'm not yet healed."
Easton took a step back, "sorry about that."

Joe Jr was sitting on my bed with his hands crossed on his lap as he watched us with amusement, I glared at him angrily and then looked away.

"What did he want with me?" The question slipped out of my lips and both men looked at me in confusion.

I shouldn't have said anything but, I want to know.

"We don't know," Joe Jr spoke when he stood up from the bed and walked over to me.
I lowered my head as I stood there, motionless. I had no idea what to say next.

What if that beast comes back from the dead and kills me? I had no answer to that question and I wasn't going to ask it out loud.
But then, I remembered that book, what else hasn't it told us?

"Hey Easton?" I shot my eyes over to him, "do you have the book?"

Easton tilted his head to the side, "what book?"

"Conspiracy Theories on Mythical Creatures."

"Oh yeah, I do." He started for the door and walked out of the bedroom.

"Zade, where are you getting at?" Joe Jr asked.

"You'll see," I told him as Easton stepped into the room with the book in his hands, "here," he gives it to me, "I snuck it out of Margots' room, so you better be quick."

I waved a hand, "okay, okay chill."

I opened the book, I skipped a few chapters til I got to the one about Greek Gods, I read the description inside my head and, I was shocked.

"Zaden, what is it?" Easton snatched the book away from my hands, he read the discribtion to himself before he read it out loud, "Geronus Maximus, the Prince of the dead. This god is known for his bravery in the Trojan War. He also invited the flameable sword and is very skilled with weapons of war."

He traced his finger down to the last few sentences of the page, "oh snap, listen to this," he bit his lip, "Geronus' wife died at childbirth, a year later after his wife and daughters death he had affairs with other goddesses, including Athena, but that affair was kept secret before Zeus found out and punished Geronus. He sent him down to earth where he is now held in an underground prison."

Easton closed the book and tucked it under his arm, Joe Jr didn't say anything but, I had a mindfull of questions right now, and I have no answers to them.

"Did the book say when he might get out?" I asked curiously.

"I don't know," he told me as he started for the door, "but if he does then, were all screwed because the book says if he gets out his going to destroy the human race as a revenge plot to Zeus."

"But, its just a conspiracy theory Easton," Joe Jr jumped in, "he's not going to destroy the entire human race."

Easton already had his foot out the door, he didn't bother to look at us, "it could happen," he said, "who knows, he might be out running the streets right now."

A second later, he was gone.

I could feel my heart sink down into my stomach as my face turned the color of snow, I don't like the sound of this.

I plopped down on my bed to catch my ragged breaths, Joe Jr just left the room.

All that ran through my head was: YOU'RE-FREAKIN'-SCREWED!