Chapter Twelve

Jacks POV

I had to leave the room after I heard that my brother became President of the United States?

I was sitting on the sofa with both of my elbows on my knees, the thoughts flooded my head.

Sense Joe Jr will be gone for a while, I'll be the one that has to protect Zade in case something happens to him. And I don't want anything to happen to my little brother, my half-brother.

Zaden doesn't know it yet but, how will he react when I tell him?

I'm not ready to tell him, its just not the right time.

As my head began to clear up I heard the sound of banging and a females voice shouting.
I rolled my eyes and got up from the sofa, I opened the door to see my girlfriend, Charlotte.

And she didn't look happy at all.

"I've found this in my bedroom," she held up a laced-strapless bra, "so, whose the b*cth you've been cheating on me with?"

This was a common argument between us, even though she was the one that's been cheating on me so don't worry, I've been through this before.

"Baby, you know I'll never cheat on you," she knew I was lying through my teeth.

"Really now?" She yelled as she threw the bra at my face, "whose the b*cth? Tell me."

I caught the bra between my fingers and threw it aside, "why do you have to come over to my house and start crap?"

She stomped her foot and stormed inside, she plopped down on the sofa and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Baby-" I reached to touch her face but, she slapped my hand away.

"Don't call me baby," she spat, "You cheated on me."

"Jack?" I heard the sound of feet running down the stairs, a few seconds later Zade was sitting next to Charlotte, talking to her, laughing with her, flirting.

"So, you're not mad at me anymore?" I asked, smirking.

Charlotte looked at me, her smile faded away, "yes," she shot up from the sofa and started for the door, "and I don't want to see you again, and neither you're new girlfriend and when I find her, I'm gonna beat her arse."

She storms out and slams the door behind her.

"What was that all about?" I looked over at Zaden, his eyes were wide and his mouth was half-opened.

"Its nothing," I told him.

"Oh," Zade stood up and stretched his arms, "I see, I heard you two having a little argument about you cheating on her, is that really true?"

I swallowed hard, "uhhhh-" my throat tightened and my pulse accelerates, spit it out, he's you're brother. "Yes," I finally said, "I have been-uh-seeing this other girl."

Zades' eyes showed great interest as he sat down, "playa, who is she?"

"Her names Olive."

"And does this Olive have a last name?"

"Crowley, now please," I leaned forward until my nose touched Zades', "don't tell Charlotte about this."

"Dude, why should I? She already knows."

"She doesn't know that its serious," I fished through the pockets of my trousers and pulled out a diamond ring, "I was thinking about proposing to her."

"Oh dang," Zade snatched the ring out of my fingers and examines it, "holy crap, this is real."

"Yes," I snatched the ring back, "and I'm gonna propose to her tonight."

"Where will you propose?" Zade asked, "I mean, what place?"

"I was thinking about here," I said.

Zade nodded his head, "oh, okay, you want to do this in front of the family?"

"Yes."

A huge grin stretched across his thin lips, "great, hope this all works out for you." He pats me on the back, stood up and ran back up the stairs.

***

Joe Jrs POV

My hands tighten on the suitcase, my muscles are tense and aching, my heart is about to rip out of my chest. This was something I've never felt in a long while, fear.

"Where almost there, Mr.President," the driver of my black limousine looked at me through the rear-view mirror, "are you alright sir?"

Zaden.

"Yes, I'm fine."

Zaden.

I can't get his name out of my head, he needs me, I didn't ask for this, I didn't ask to be president.

I'm just a twenty year old man whose about to attend his second year in Harvard  And now here I was, sitting in the back of a limousine talking to my driver who was just a few miles away from my new home.

He needs you Joe Jr.

"I know," I whispered to myself so my driver couldn't hear me.

We drove through the black steel gates and up the concrete driveway, a few moments later the car stopped.

I climbed out of the limousine as I was greeted by an older man, Brett, I think thats his name.

"Welcome," he gave me a broad smile, "my name is Brett Granger, your Atterny General?"

"Oh yeah," I swallowed hard.

"Oh now, don't be nervous," Granger said as he led me through the white house doors, "you'll get used to it, trust me."

Why the freak should I? I thought.

Granger led me through some hallways and down a narrow corridor, until we got to the oval office.

"Here's where you'll stay most of the time," Granger replied after he stepped foot outside the door, "you're stuff we'll already be brought down to you're chambers."

"Wait, what about-"

He was already gone before I could say anything else.

I don't know what to do, I'm so lost right now.

I looked around as I stood in the middle of the room, I then walked over to the wooden desk that barley had nothing on it except an old lamp, a typewriter and todays newspaper.

I took a seat in the comfortable black chair and grabbed the newspaper, I read the front page.

Jamaican princess is finally engaged, over two hundred invitations has been sent out for this historic event.

Princess Amancia Montego and her soon-to-be husband Adio well be set to marry next month.

"Mr. President?"

I looked up from the newspaper to a woman standing in front of me with her hands behind her back.
I scanned her from head to toe and smiled, she wore a tight pink dress with matching gloves, her auburn hair was curled to the shoulders.

"And who might you be?" I asked, the smile was still stretched across my face.

"Olivia Granger," she smiled back, "I'm Bretts wife."

"Oh," I stood up from my chair, "is that so?"

She frowned and nodded her head, "yes."

I walk closer to her, I can hear her heart pound inside her chest.

I placed both of my hands on to her shoulders, she didn't flinch one bit.

"What are you doing?" She breathed.

"Don't move," I whisper into her ear.

And then, I planted my canines deep into her throat, I quickly pull back as she fell to the ground.

She was holding her neck and gasping for air.

I gave out a low growl as she died a few moments later.

And then, I walked out of the office.